Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Isn't that the one that started to lay the groundwork for the New Gods and Darkseid?

Wikipedia confirms this, or at least it is somewhere in the Jimmy Olsen series. I am really curious as to how that comic could result in something as awesome as the Fourth World.

Also, were Superman and Jimmy dicks to each other on every single cover?

http://i.imgur.com/hfUtA.jpg

SPJO #127, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

DarkCrawler posted:

I always thought he was kind of racist against circus people, I mean they always seem to be villains of some sort. Even Hawkeye was a villain at first!

It's because they're so similar to those drat dirty gypsies! :argh:

But seriously, nomadic people tend to get shuffled to the low end of the social ladder, and the stereotypes of "circus freaks" doesn't help. It does, however, lend itself to weird characters and abilities/powers, so it's not surprising that the superhero genre has so much focus on them.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I am intrigued by Satan's pink Flying V penis.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Not true comic panels, but the creator of Perry Bible Fellowship had the following on his Tumblr:

VVVV So these actually got published by Marvel? Awesome. I would love to buy a book that was just PBF takes on various characters.

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 30, 2012

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

If he's a jet, does that mean that he is drawing farts through his intake and igniting them?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Which is really dumb, because Batman's problem wasn't with Green Lanterns. Batman's problem was with Guy, because Guy is an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, Hal and Batman were as chummy as anyone back in the day. Granted, Batman was written as despising any hero who ever made a mistake more than an actual villain for a while, and the whole Parallax thing happened (hence the scadenfreude of Identity Crisis/OMAC). I also seem to recall that there were a few comics back when that implied that Batman preferred Kyle, who he could pretty much boss around in his early days.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

MikeJF posted:

I know it's meant to be shading but the image of Pepper's hairy arm isn't helped by her giant manhands.

Came to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSL4cmFW_GU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Defiance Industries posted:

The followup:

Did the Daily Bugle make history by publishing the first ever comic book panel of a pixelated Hulk dong?

I really hope the photo was Peter's.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Benito Cereno posted:

Hera traditionally doesn't get along with anyone (with the possible exception of her daughter Eileithyia, goddess of childbirth, but primarily because Hera would use her as a weapon to make life tough for Zeus's paramours), but Ares is well attested to as being the most hated of all the gods.

This is the result of historical bias, in that Athens, from whom we get most of these written works, portrayed their patron God of war (Athena) as wonderful and wise while the patron of their biggest enemies Sparta (Ares) was portrayed as a detestable whiner.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Mike From Nowhere posted:

There are windows in Wayne Manor as well. What I'm saying is that Open Window Man cannot be stopped.

He can instakill anyone because we all know that the eyes are the windows into the soul.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

The Lone Badger posted:

What's Deadpool doing in the second panel? Just saving the artist from having to draw backgrounds?

Popping smoke grenades.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

Batman also loves causing car accidents.

Detective Comics 41

The "brother" made me read his line as Hulk Hogan, which is how I will read all Batman dialogue from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

1% of Americans are male gingers. Narrow down by height/weight and with Lex's resources, he wouldn't be too hard to find.

(I thought it was a funny moment when I first saw it.)

• Locked thread