Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Maltose posted:

And that's why The Red Skull Kingpin is the best Marvel Villain. What's the point of being rich and evil indeed?

Fixed.

Alhazred posted:

The Kingpin actually killed the guys who outed Murdock.

See?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This is where I lost interest in The Ultimates:

Hulk not gay.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

John Dyne posted:

This is coming up as a broken link for me. Says it's a zero size reply or something when I try the url directly.

Also holy gently caress I'd seen the splash of 'STANDS FOR FRANCE' Cap but I didn't know he was brutally murdering some dude on the opposite page.

Huh. It shows up in your post and mine, which you quoted. It's basically Captain America goading Hulk into a rage by implying he's a sissy (gay). Frankly, I felt they handled this better in The Avengers movie.

Cap: And Hulk?
Hulk: Er?
Cap: SMASH!
Hulk: Grins. Smashes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

DisMafugga posted:

X-men Classic #80

Original release - The Uncanny X-Men #176

Yow.

Jesus Christ. Who got paid to draw that poo poo? Or ink it even? Because that's hard to look at.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Metal Loaf posted:

That was John Romita, Jr. He'd collaborated with Paul Smith on a few issues previously, but that was his first solo issue as regular penciller. I'm not sure who inked it.

drat. I usually enjoy Romita, Jr. but that's some phoned-in lazy poo poo right there. Now that you told me, I can see it but I never would have guessed that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

prefect posted:

FF #243, I believe.

Looking at this art, I remember why I really used to like John Byrne. That's some pretty strong composition, storytelling and fairly delicate line work for the time. I especially like the heavy shadows on Ben. Was Austin still inking Byrne's stuff in FF back then?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Edit: Beaten on Black Panther

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 29, 2014

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

All this is just making me think that in his teenage years, Doom was an excellent babysitter to the kids, if not the adults.

"DOOM shall watch whatever on demand video he wishes to!" :doom:

Metal Loaf posted:

I wonder what would happen if (Doom) was told to go out and get the groceries.

"Victor, why did you buy the most expensive bacon in the store?"
"BAH! COMMON SUPERMARKET RASHERS ARE NOT FIT TO TROUBLE THE PALATE OF DOOM!"

zoux posted:

IT IS NOT DOOMS WEEK TO CLEAN THE BATHROOM! LAST WEEK WAS DOOMS WEEK!

I keep visualizing these posts played out in Twisted Toyfare Theater and it's cracking me up.

bobkatt013 posted:

:v: Valeria is going to also be there
:doom: DOOM WILL BE THEIR EARLY IN THE FRONT ROW!!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ensign_Ricky posted:

:golfclap:

I really have no other response.

Firestorm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Jedit posted:

What does one buy the robot who wants everything?

Batteries?

• Locked thread