Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought the coffee-stain was vomit at first, and now suddenly, everything he says is in Mr Creosote's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Come to think of it, a few of them are doing that. Not flying 6' in the air, but Wolverine is doing his claw thing, Iron Man has a random hologram going on, and god forbid Cap but his shield on the table during a conversation...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Well, he was fighting Bane this one time...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Teela seems pretty spot-on with her guess there. So many Robins...

And Supes vs magic is always really inconsistent. Sometimes the magic only enhanced the puncher's strength, making the impacts themselves mundane, other times he just solar-power regenerates stuff away...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And he wonders why JJJ thinks he's a menace...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In this setting, his eye beams are literal beams of wood maybe? The lens is just to stab the core with the pointy end.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Since the current FF no.1

FF in this case is not an abbreviation. It is not to be confused with the Fantastic Four, Future Foundation or other Reed Richards-financed enterprise.

Basically, the Four were heading out of the universe for what was supposed to be four minutes, but they appointed replacements just in case.

Reed asks/tricks Ant Man into being his one, The Thing asks She-Hulk, since she's done it before, Sue selects Medusa and Johnnie...

It's very much worth reading, and shows up in this thread, and others fairly regularly.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Choco1980 posted:

The best part about this is that almost all the other achievements are boring ones like "beat mission 12" or "collect all of so-and-so team characters to play as", with a few semi-interesting ones like "destroy X amount of objects." But there's a couple of good ones in there, like this one and the one labeled "Puny God" (guess what you do there! )

Nonsense, the best one is clearly 'Don't I know you?' for having Captain America and the Human Torch together.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's amazing.

But I can't stop seeing her cheek-marks as eyes. It doesn't help that her actual eyes are closed, so her lashes look like mega-eyebrows.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Heroic Roma/Gypsie/Traveller/ What about... The Nomad!

And was Claremont responsible for the quicksilver/Scarlet Witch hookup? Because they didn't even have the excuse of being not blood-relations...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He could've made the same statement about Jean Grey! :haw:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
'If it shows up in this thread, give it a shot' has been my policy for a while. It seems to work.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Underestimating Hawkeye? No-one makes that mistake twice...

Though it's probably a special stooge-arrow for eye-poking. Stil not gonna beat Deadpool's tribute trick arrows, posted earlier in this thread.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

"Await right there! I shall be back, with Your DOOM! Don't go anywhere..."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
THAT'S who that is? I was thinking Spider-Woman had a new costume...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Coughing Hobo posted:

Donald looks like he killed somebody and hasn't had any sleep since.

So business as usual for the Duck?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

DarkCrawler posted:

It's hard to imagine a context where that would not be creepy.

Identical twin gets a paternity test back? No, that's still a creepy way to tell the kids...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It looks to me like she stole Ms Marvel's...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My god, Cap's eyes in the first panel... and everyone's eyes in general, but mostly that one.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Next page, Superman explains why he was kissing another woman, turns out it was to save the world but there was no time to explain.

I assume, anyway. Like when he laser-eyes presents from Jimmy Olsen, witholds water from Jimmy Olsen, makes Jimmy Olsen dig his own grave... it was all to save the world, you see, but there was no time to explain!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Were some of those poses taken from JoJo?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I so want the next panel to be a flashback ending with "And that how Hulk get new salad bowl!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And the whole 'John Lennon is secretly dead, but they can never tell the world except in secret messages on the album covers, where no censor would think to look!' thing.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Either that, or sometimes Harley is a ventriloquist. Just... talkin' to herself, through a beaver.

Either seems equally plausible.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

CapnAndy posted:

If it isn't my old enemy, a van

beep boop

If only it read 'Fappo'...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We've covered this in the film posters thread. The answer is it's not a good hoverchair, so they need to armour him up a bit for the inevitable spills.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We'd assume he was Fathers for Justice.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
... they have Joker's face framed on the wall.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hello new avatar... In around 12 hours when I'm not on a tablet or at work.

Edit: Or not. MSPaint to the rescue!

Elfface fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 14, 2014

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And sometimes, people just decide you need red text... Seriously, I had Iron Jameson less than a day...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, please let the entire story be Iron Jonah wandering around Manhattan, getting increasingly sweaty and uncomfortable, completely unable to find Spider-Man because Peter Parker is too busy getting laid at home :allears:

Either that or Parker finds out...

"J Jonah Jameson is in Iron Man's armour and is calling me out?"
"That's right!"
"Does he... have hostages? Or a nefarious plan?"
"No... no, he's just walking around, yelling."
"Meh."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
No-one has told him it makes him look like Hitler. Though Deadpool thought it one time.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They should just publish the Bugle once a month. An in-universe news-report to recap all the shenanigans going on across the titles, and remind everyone that Spider-Man is a Menace!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
This thread, and JL8, have taught me that in the right hands Power Girl might be my favorite DC character. But then they rarely give her to the right hands...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The simple comic book plans are always the best. There's just something magical about them.

Like those Sivana pages posted a little while back. I think it was this thread. The Most Brilliant Evil Scintist In The World's Grand Scheme when Captain Marvel was out of town was to just start shooting cops.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
First Doc Ock, then this... May Parker has a thing for the bad boys, it seems.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

WickedHate posted:

On the other hand, it's going to get awkward explaining Batwoman's further along the line.

Hey, Punisher still manages to be a Vietnam vet. Always 'nam. They'll have to freeze him next to Cap for a bit if they want that to make sense soon.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In my head, this is what Batman thinks sex is, because every time someone tried to teach Little Bruce differently they got as far as "And when a Mummy and Daddy love each other very much..." before he finished "They get gunned down in an alleyway! NOOOOOO!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There was also the time the other watchers held an intervention for Uatu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Dario the Wop posted:

FTFY

For content:

Challenge #1, 1985.

Little does he know The Riddler has sent one of these to everyone in Gotham but with a different riddle. Now he just has to sit back and wait to see which one The Batman shows up at!

• Locked thread