Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Sizone posted:

and probably most popular, latern is Hal Jordan?

I find this hard to believe since everyone I've ever spoke to about this thinks Hal Jordan sucks. I think Geoff Johns is his only fanboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
J'onn is hardly a native Japanese speaker either. And he obviously took the name from some anime he watched anyway.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Armor is like the 60th one of those Kitty Pride characters. I think she was relevant for all of three weeks or something.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Logan and Steve Rogers: Longest Drinking Contest in History?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Wait, so Amanda Waller is no longer an overweight ~40 year old woman? Lame.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

TwoPair posted:

('cause anything mixing oranges and chocolate sounds like a horrible idea)

What is it like, living in bizarro world?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Superman and Wonder woman hooking up is just generally an awful idea. Erasing Booster is just another thing to add to the laundry list of reasons not to do it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Gambit, you can't match a Royal Muppet Reference with a Straight Hunger Games reference. You should learn when to fold.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

smashpro1 posted:

Dollar bills aren't paper. They are a blend that is 75% cotton, and 25% linen. :eng101:

What do you think paper is made of?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Fabio Man is still my favourite.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, I'm only like 5 issues in, but I kind of hate the art in Invincible. At the end of issue 3 there's this horrific looking 3D poser rendition of the main character that made me laugh out loud.

I actually like Kirkman, but the writing isn't doing much for me either. It's just really lazy; I'm already sick of every issue having a gag where his mom goes "that's nice, dear" after he relates some incredible experience. Like, I loving get it.

Does it improve much?

The artist changes to Ryan Ottley in issue #8 and steadily improves, he's on of my favourite comic artists these days. I can't even remember the joke you are talking about so I guess that at least goes the way of the dodo.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm vaguely sure I remember picking my little brother up by the head when he was about five or six or something and he is still very much alive, so I'm sure the kid would be fine.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes, Alberto Del Wily and Dr. Eggman have long been established as a tag team in VGCW.

We can only hope that they sneak in a masterplan reference somewhere.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

What assholes the City News are. "I GUESS a baby fighting crime is KIND of impressive. Y'know, if you're stupid."

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

The funniest part about this to me is how, despite honestly being very respectful to Islam, it breaks a HUGE RULE and actually shows Muhammad. That said, go TMNT for actually attempting to be progressive towards Muslims!

edit:

Yeah if the Eradicator couldn't get to him in time the writers would have to come up with a NEW bullshit arbitrary way to bring Superman back :(

Iirc the thing about not depicting Muhammed isn't in the Koran and is a hadith (I think that's the word) thing, so it's only offensive to certain factions? I may be confusing this with the rule against drawing people in general.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Lurdiak posted:

That's why you make it a SONIC boomerang arrow. :getin:

That'd be a good idea. The sonic arrow alone has the issue of, no matter how fast the arrow, Quicksilver could easily follow Clint drawing, nocking and loosing the thing anyway.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm pretty sure that's why Dick wears the costume, anyway.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Vulcan, we get it! You're from space!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Jerusalem posted:

I fully endorse this idea, so I'll just do a quick search for Aquaman an-

:stare:

I have no idea on the source, I've searched and all I can find is more people going :stare:

You know, in an auction, you bid a little above the last bid, then a bit more, then a bit more. You don't go straight from ten bucks to forty million dollars

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I wouldn't count bumping two metal face plates against each other "kissing", not by a long shot.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In Namor's defense, Stark didn't say if she was royalty or anyone of importance. Now if she was a queen...

Uncanny X-Men #8.

Did... did Namor just wink at the "camera"?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Gatts posted:

Hahahaha oh God that was hilarious. Danny and Luke's is the best panel and so is the notion of the catchphrases in battle. Holy poo poo I actually have a tear. I think I took it as some kind of meta commentary on superhero comics/characters though.

EDIT: I think Jason Aaron just loving gets it, though.

Do Danny and Luke even really hang out anymore?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

muscles like this? posted:

Also despite being smaller his head is exactly the same size.

Artists way back didn't know how to draw children as children. Back before he got his yellow costume, if you read a Silver Age Flash story with Wally West in it, the only way you could tell which one was Flash and which was Kid Flash was by the caption boxes.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Whatever. Cyke's Racer X mask is rad as hell, and it makes him look cool., which is like the whole point of a costume. Take a look at Magneto right now. Now THAT is an awful costume.

Atomic Robo and the Shadow From Beyond Time (Number 2 I think?)

It feels a little like cheating posting from Atomic Robo. I'm mostly picking this one cause I'm sure it is a Back to the Future reference.

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 29, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Angry Walrus posted:

Wasn't Doug the one with the lovely translator powers that wound up getting killed because his sucky powers had zero use in combat situations?

No, Doug was the one who was seconds away from an implied gangbang in the Hellfire Mansion when they went around to visit that one time, the one who got all the ladies all the time, and whose awesome and totally useful language powers literally saved the world at least once an issue. He may have ended up getting shot to death.

Man, New Mutants was awesome, Doug Ramsey is the best and Professor Xavier is a Jerk.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Choco1980 posted:

I have no idea if Bobby and Sam are supposed to be known people and I don't care. I love every inch of what I just saw.

People in this thread REALLY need to read New Mutants.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Also Jughead is Falstaff, so he's really fat, and that's funny. They have him riding a donkey.

Volstagg?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I dunno why the Doc saying that he outnumbers farmer-Doc is meant to be threatening. I'm way behind, but the inverse Ninja law is a real thing in that universe. A ninja is at his strongest when he is outnumbered, the more the better.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
mods please change my name to "Kneejerk Sam" tia.

Oh no! Caught by a park ranger! However will our hero escape this ti-

Oh... yeah.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Uthor posted:

Natasha sure is efficient.

Avengers 11

Is that Cannonball and Sunspot in the Avengers? :allears: I pretty much gave up on keeping up on Marvel comics after the whole Hope thing kind of derailed New Mutants into a bunch of tie ins and I remembered why I stopped the first time. Is Avengers worth reading right now?

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 22, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

IUG posted:

The digital copy thing Marvel is doing is pretty sweet:

Of course, still from Avengers #11.

EDIT: It appears you never know what happens to Doug.

Around Bobby DeCosta, Dougs have an unfortunate habit of being shot.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Why is Catwoman kissing Bullseye?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Jerusalem posted:

I'd think it was kind of creepy that Havoc was having a thing with his brother's wife (who is a clone of Scott's dead girlfriend!) but then I remember Nate Grey and it just kind of pales in comparison.

Eh, Scott was kind of the worst husband/father ever so...

Uncanny X-Men #173

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Uthor posted:

You know those times in movies when a big group of bad guys attacks the lone hero one at a time and you're like, "Why don't they attack all at once?" Turns out, that's known as the K-11 and that's how the plan is supposed to work.

Strange Tales #157

I think the idea is that too many enemy combatants just make it harder for them to navigate around each other, and they can just outlast him. If they'd attack 2 or 3 at a time and rotate around it'd work a lot better.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Atmus posted:

Maybe Magneto has hair so that when a non-costumed old guy starts moving poo poo around with his mind, we know it's not Patrick Stewart.

Xavier's not telekinetic.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Doom's a gypsy, Magneto's occasionallya gypsy. Are there any flat out heroic roma in Marvel?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Zeeman posted:

Do Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch count? Their mother was Roma, at the very least

They've both been super-villains for a not insignificant time at one point or another, though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Glagha posted:

gently caress, did we just fall headlong into an anime? Even the "springtime of our youth" line sounds like an anime line for just this situation.

I'm pretty sure "springtime of our youth" is a direct Naruto reference.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

SilverSupernova posted:

Doom wakes up in his Fantastic 4 logo boxers, looks at the painting of a single tear going down his (possibly horrifically scarred, possibly minorly bruised) face.
And then:

I love that the artist just stood there waiting while Doom wheeled in his giant moon-laser model death ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

TwoPair posted:

edit: I feel bad posting all that and not actually contributing to the thread. Here's something from Mighty Avengers #4.INH. And hey, it's kind of relevant to the Spock discussion!

The best thing about Spock is that Spidey looks best in the black/red colourscheme.

• Locked thread