Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Stan Lee is basically the 20th-century P.T. Barnum, so the circus would have made sense for him.

Anyway, in Thor #341, Thor needed to get a new secret identity because his old alter ego stopped existing, so he went to Nick Fury for help getting it set up.

Later, in Thor #344, he's settling into his civilian cover about as well as you'd expect, and his boss at the construction site is becoming a bit suspicious:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The initial establishment of that identity, in Thor #341:

The disguise does the trick, in Thor #344:

Of course, someone like Thor can't stay inconspicuous forever, as the joke continues in Thor #349:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

That and the fact that there isn't way more Astro City out there.

I have good news for you.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

And here's how it began:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

GIS tells me this is from Aphrodisiac by Jim Rugg.
I don't know which issue, I'm guessing all of them?

Afrodisiac is a graphic novel; it doesn't have issues. (Well, internally it's divided into fragmentary, fictitious "issues" of a 70s comic book that never existed from an alternate dimension where we had blaxploitation instead of superheroes. The whole book is that amazing.)

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 16, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

American Barbarian was first a webcomic! Also on that site are Tom Scioli's subsequent repeated webcomics: Final Frontier (what if the Fantastic Four were also the Beatles?), Satan's Soldier (an evil superhero - not a supervillain), and Mystery Object (lots and lots of Mario imagery).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Hard drive crash destroyed Fell. People cant even remember reading the comics.

Fell was too good for this sinful earth.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Am I weird because I think in that scene it would have made more sense for Supes to hear the radio signal instead of see it?

Radio is light, not sound. Audio signals are sometimes encoded in radio broadcasts, however.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're going to read this, remember to use the chronological tag browsing feature.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 26, 2014

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

JL8 is the best because it gives Hal a semblance of a personality. I am wondering if in Hal's troop Kilowog is gonna be a supervising adult or another kid.

Eagle scout.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Uthor posted:

Don't know the source, saw it on Becky Cloonan's Tumblr.

Herbie #20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sockser posted:

Can someone repost namor being disgusted at a fish smoking a cigar it whatever it is?

This one?

By Michael Kupperman. Collected in Strange Tales #1.

• Locked thread