Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SirDan3k posted:

There's something almost prescient about that, death and rape as the future number boosters.

There was some webcomic that used that exact premise as a joke. I think it was in reaction to Identity Crisis.

I had no idea how close to reality it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gygaxian posted:

Is Shortpacked alright to post as long as it features a comic book character in a funny situation?

How slow do you have to be at making jokes when you're beaten by Watchmen?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

McCloud posted:

The dragons breath burned the dishonest, I think, so Diana believed the only one who could stand against the dragon was the godess of truth. Superman might have, but the whole secret identity thing might have had him burned to a crisp too, so she played it safe.

For some reason I'm disappointed that they weren't recycling an early Legion of Super-Heroes story as the posts above suggested.

Speaking of the Silver Age, here's some content. I call it "Wasting Good Story Ideas":

No idea where it's from, beyond "Silver Age Superman"

I'm pretty sure this has been posted a thousand times, but this beauty here decorates my desktop:

Source is on cover.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 21, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yvonmukluk posted:

But...Batman also has a code against killing (and a hatred of guns to boot) :psyduck:

Knowing the context ruins Superdickery (since the answer will most likely never live up to your expectations), but I think the explanation is that Batman has amnesia (from a conk on the head, obviously) and thinks he's a mob boss, and Superman's going along with it to prevent any actual harm from happening.

Source on that is this thread, I think.

Anyway, here's the cover mentioned above, AKA "Superdickery.jpg"

Source is on the cover, again.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 21, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Question IRL posted:

Ah, I had assumed that Fantomax had sent them Tintin in Tibet, as it was more likely to annoy the Chinese authorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tintin_in_Tibet

It doesn't really make sense, because Herge's work was completely on the side of the Chinese. Blue Lotus was racist towards the Japanese.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

Silver age Superman is so insecure. I just don't understand how people growing up reading those got "Pillar of strength" from his character.

Superman is actually an Everyman. His insecurities are just normal insecurities writ large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gavok posted:

Ultron: Santa Claus... is coming... to town...

Uum, it's gunning you down, thank you very much.

:goonsay:

• Locked thread