Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I assume that she believes that if he's daredevil he's faking the blindness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

techknight posted:

I.. how is his nose involved? Have I been doing things wrong this whole time?

He is pointing to his hand, durfy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Boogaleeboo posted:

I love how he has all these spider based abilities, and then out of loving nowhere he has precognition. Because that is what it is, it's not like he has some sort of hyper-sense subconscious understanding of danger about to happen or some such. Nope, he's just flat out psychic. Dude knew when Thanos killed half of all life. Why? Spider radiation makes you magic.

To be fair, back for most of his history when his Shooters were artificial and he didn't have crazy spider-powers added... were his powers really all that spidery? Super-strength/reflexes and the ability to climb walls. Pretty drat general. He could've been, like, gecko-man.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, pretty sure these days in Marvel when you get a superpower you've just gotta go through a list of animals until you hit one that hasn't been used and run with it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm just loving the expression on Doop.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't stop staring at her horrifying shattered hand.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 7, 2012

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I kinda want Jennifer Sloan to be a new character who's just constantly suffering in trying to make the school an actual school for the students.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

With that mustache and those glasses, I doubt he's kidding.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like how even trying to mimic it the artist couldn't manage to make themself pull off as hosed up a body as the original.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddamn, the last picture just points out how goddamn enormous Hemsworth plus the costume is. It's too easy to forget in the movies 'cos Cap is so tall too.

Also how silly the longer hair in Avengers looks.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I know it's meant to be shading but the image of Pepper's hairy arm isn't helped by her giant manhands.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

Because Asgard is a real place that can be objectively shown to exist?

You mean the alien's city, sitting in their home dimension?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The sad thing about the hawkeye initiative is that most of them have way better anatomy than the original. I mean, look at her body there on the right, her torso just goes forever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

They don't necessarily have nukes just sitting around. Val can probably build one while watching Saturday cartoons without much trouble.

Fine then, keeping critical-mass amounts of uranium just sitting around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That school is... post high school, right?

I'd hope so. It seems to do a very poor job of actually educating children.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Someone get that thing a kilt!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I'd like to see Ultimates reference that and have Thor just electrocute the lot of them

Nah, Ultimates Thor is way too environmentalist.

At least he was last I looked, god knows what he's like now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm kinda surprised they didn't go with "Nick Fury had to be anonymous and disguised himself. Genetically."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SilverSupernova posted:

A+X #8

I didn't really expect this team up to work so well, but it did.

I just saw this over on DrMcNinja! Apparently he was the writer.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Diet Poison posted:

edit: That first one has an example of the Briticisms that sneak into the comic. At the beginning of Riot at Xavier's, a girl tells Quire to "get a mobile" (phone). I just like to imagine these students are actually British.

If it was properly British they would've been playing Cluedo. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Alhazred posted:

The norse gods shouldn't be throwing stones in glass houses:

At least she has a power, Ugly John's mutation was that he was really ugly:

(From New X-Men)

That's not even a Mutation, that's just a mutation.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

To be fair if you're a mutant with super-healing (which I assume that he was if his blood healed her) then it makes sense he can't.

Also that man should be donating blood constantly.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mister Roboto posted:

Atheists don't exist in the Marvel Universe since God can 100% be proven to exist. Several people have his phone number. And miracles literally happen daily and are reported on CNN. And even if you don't believe in the Christian God, the rest of the religious pantheon will be happy to come down and beat you into believing.

The definition of 'atheist' in the Marvel universe is probably someone who believes that all of these so-called deities are just advanced aliens who operate on a different physical rulebook, rather than Gods.

Then there's a whole semantic and philosophical argument about what a 'god' actually is blah blah etcetera.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He must have lots and lots of blowjob skills that he tries not to think about.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They don't, that's why the villain tried blinding him.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

As always, Nextwave is better.

Although it only works with the previous page.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Chris Hastings is writing a four-issue called 'Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe'. I feel quite sure an awful lot of it will end up in here.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

This was addressed in the Waid run, the Authoritative Action arc. Most Latverians like Doom. He has all of their necessities taken care of - food, utilities, health care, etc. They are safe from all the civil wars and hostile neighbors without even needing a military because no one will mess with Doom. Reed compares the Doom-Latverian relationship to a human-pets one. Its basically utopian totalitarianism, a pocket kingdom where Doom runs everything and disappears and executes those who don't go along with it, but every need is met and the people like it.

Oh, so it's Singapore.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Nobody remembers the crossover, but as we can see, the mad scientist bromance is over.

Mega Man #28

Awww.

Did it fall apart at the end or were they bros right up to the memory wipe, whatever it was.

I'm sure it fell apart but that saddens me.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 10, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I like the idea that if you're an off-duty Green Lantern who happens to find himself in mortal danger, gently caress it, they'll go out of their way to make sure you're gonna die.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

That's always been the one weird thing I've never felt was adequately explained is that for all his supposed time spent with his head in the books or peering through a microscope or out being Spider-Man Peter is somehow more of a pop culture encyclopedia than your average TMZ intern.

He's young, don't you know that bestows you an automatic knowledge of all current pop culture.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

If I ever turn into an indestructible monster powered by pure rage, this is also how you defuse me.

New SHIELD policy: an Emergency Puppy Deployment Plane trailing Banner around.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Seldom Posts posted:

He was going to do the same for Monica Rambeau, and then editorial shut it down.

Well, at least we got Nextwave out of her neglect.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Did anyone ever ask Peter to come sit down? It's a little awkward talking to a grown man having a pity party because their boss says mean things about them. Their choice to be in the fetal position half way up a 30ft wall really can't be helping.

Don't some artists run with him just casually hanging out on the wall or corner or roof anyway, so it's not necessarily a pity party thing anymore?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

There is Data's head chilling in the cave and Data walking and taking over the enterprise.

Not anymore! Data's cave head is on the Enterprise body now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coughing Hobo posted:

While it's a shame because I'd love to see George Clooney curse with reckless abandon, I'm sure Sam Jackson would be more than willing to curse his way through a movie again, and now seems the right time to do a Nick Fury movie.

I could very much see a Sam Jackson/Jeremy Renner/Scarlet Johansson SHIELD movie coming together in the current climate, so who knows.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's not quite a construction hat but I feel like this photo from ASM2 should be noted in this thread anyway

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat... That is awesome :)

I can't even begin to imagine the shitfest we would have ended up with before he got involved.

I'm kinda sad we didn't.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You know, the very concept of Captain Marvel Jr is a bit odd to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hollismason posted:

It's a miniaturized Tiger, I think Tiger's love water.

Yeah, tigers love water. Tigers and Maine Coons.

• Locked thread