Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This pro-Thorium website of dubious credibility says a 1 GW Thorium plant would cost $250m to construct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Office Thug posted:

There's a lot to talk about unfortunately. Layman understanding may vary. It's long :words:, so you can add parts you like to the OP if you want.

Thanks for this post! I was wondering, is India also serious about Thorium? They have the only thorium power plant that I know of.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

redreader posted:

My wife is from Arizona, and when I visited there recently I was anecdotally asking people if they knew anyone who used solar energy. Nobody did, it seemed.

As of about 2000, when my parents were buying a home in Arizona, the cost to put solar up on the roof was ridiculous. You were better off just throwing that money into a nice swimming pool. I can't imagine it has changed much under the brilliant Republican leadership that state is known for.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabbinHobo posted:

you can't "imagine" the price of solar has gone down in the last 14 years? wtf are you posting in an energy generation thread for if you are that massively clueless about the topic?

Yeah that's totally what I said and wasn't addressing state subsidies. :rolleyes: