Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Considering how that story is basically making zero news, the potential upsides of these new batteries would be game changing if they work out. Hopefully we won't have to wait a decade for these things to become marketable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Uh, how big of a pressure vessel would you need to store 1,000 MW of compressed air? That sounds mind boggling to me.

OTOH, we are really, really good at making pressure vessels, so I could see farms of tanks attached to solar or wind farms definitely working.

(I am already biased to this solution as my Brother in Law is a pressure vessel weld inspector in the oil industry. This sounds like a great way to transition all those workers into the green energy sector)

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
We should start a restoration timeline pool.

Im in at May 20th.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Watch his video about the texas bridge debacle from a few months back to get a good feel for how risky one-off custom mega projects can be to design and build. Millions of dollars going poof because a simple shortcut was taken during a load calculation.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Youll know its real when you see it advertised as included in an E-Rav4 and not a moment sooner.