Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

nature6pk posted:

A Mike Danton/David Frost combined with exploring the power that coaches have over teenagers would be fascinating/disturbing.

The Fifth Estate documentary on him is loving disturbing like nothing else. That story is NOT over yet either.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/rogueagent/

As far as the 30 for 30 series goes I have loved nearly every single film and am looking forward to all the upcoming ones. I've watched most of them at least twice each. The only 2 from the original series that I did not like were:

"One Night in Vegas" - I just hated the style, cartoons, spoken word pieces and just overall lack of quality information.

"Marion Jones: Press Pause" - Absolutely amateur in the way it's shot, edited and presented. Feels like it was recorded on a cellphone cam.

Really disappointing given the subject matter for both was quite strong, but the filmmakers just went really bizarre directions with the material in both cases.

Also Roll Tide/War Eagle should have been a 2.5 hour feature, it was way too short for my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Grittybeard posted:

Marcus Allen would have been the ultimate interview about Bo but I'm guessing he's still a little bitter about being basically benched (as an eventual hall of famer) for a part time player. Well asked to play fullback sort of rather than benched, but still sort of a waste of those years of his career.

I watched the A Football Life episode on Marcus Allen a couple nights ago and while he does discuss that part of his career, he didn't seem to have anything negative to say about Bo. Al Davis and the Raiders coaches were the ones loving Marcus around.

Also just to reiterate: Bo Jackson loving owns.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

GD_American posted:

John Singleton deserves to be mocked for his puff piece on Marion Jones. The absolute worst one so far.

Ice Cube's piece on the Raiders is probably 2nd worst, although I'm not looking at a list to make sure.

I still like the Raiders one because I never knew much about the team and its impact on pop culture. I guess it could have been done better. It's not right at the bottom of the pile for me at least.

However, that Marion Jones one doesn't even deserve to be called a documentary film. What a piece of poo poo.

One Night in Vegas loving sucks too with its terrible storytelling style and animation. I was really looking forward to it and didn't even finish watching it when it came on.

The only bad thing about Roll Tide/War Eagle was that it was way too short.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The craziest thing in Price of Gold is Tony Kornheiser talking about how the women's figure skating finals at the olympics pulled "super bowl-esque" ratings and was on every television in every sports bar in America.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I'm extremely disturbed having watched this.

• Locked thread