Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just watched "No Mas" and I thought it was really good. Duran is in absolute denial though. It's kind of :smith: more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's seriously absolutely incredible how stupid everyone involved in that was. HOW did no one catch that?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EricHall posted:

Yeah I thought it was funny that for like the first half of the documentary, you kind of want to sympathize with her

And then the second half happens.

Hahahaha loving seriously. I was like "I always thought Harding seemed like a--

....THERE it is." What a loving liar.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I missed Hillsborough, does anyone know if/when it's re-airing at some point?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

I think it's supposed to re-air tomorrow night.

Sunday at 10:00 p.m. on ESPN2 for anyone else interested.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

I watched it on YouTube earlier this week. Low res, but still good.

Is it still up? I looked but couldn't find a copy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AsInHowe posted:

ESPN is taking them down quicker than usual, due to the whole restriction on Hillsborough being shown in the UK.

Ahh, didn't think of that.

You guys weren't kidding. loving A, what a documentary.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 21, 2014

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
RIC loving FLAIR

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest is literally like, the light side of Duke. The schools are really similar but we're not goddamned assholes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was tremendous.

purkey posted:

This post kinda makes Wake Forest alumni seem like assholes.

A lot of them are actually, and I can be one, but I'm not a Duke brand of rear end in a top hat. Duke really is a prejudiced, elitist, awful place. Wake has some smug people around, but I've never met a Wake alumnus who wasn't a generally affable person, and nobody around the ACC hates Wake which says a lot. Of course if we had the level of success Duke has had maybe people would hate us too, who the hell knows? I guess my only point is with things like academics and being a small private school Wake is similar to Duke in a lot of ways but nobody hates us which is nice. :)

Sorry for coming off like a bit of an rear end in a top hat though. I guess it just surprises me how similar Wake and Duke can be while also being so, so, so different is all. :shobon:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 16, 2015

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was really good, maybe I'm alone. :shobon:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Niwrad posted:

30 for 30 on the Duke Lacrosse Scandal starts in an hour. It's long.

I am loath to be pro-Duke in anything ever, but holy poo poo the corruption of Nifong is staggering, and it is rather an indictment on the problem of the mass media and the court of public opinion in general.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ChickenMedium posted:

It was undoubtedly a total miscarriage of justice. But, to be fair, assuming a Duke Lacrosse player is a rapist is usually a pretty safe bet.

Yeah but again, that's kinda the point.

I actually was shocked by the self-awareness of the one player in the end saying "If it was this easy for us to get railroaded, I'm terrified for people without our resources." Props to them for working with The Innocence Project. Even Duke isn't pure evil, I guess. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just watched Catholics vs. Convicts and holy poo poo it made ND come off so so badly.

• Locked thread