Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

I found this a bit surprising, since I thought it was one of the worst 30 for 30s, but whatever.

"'Broke' ranks as the highest-rated 30 for 30 documentary yet, delivering a 1.9 HH cvg rtg and 2.7M viewers."

https://twitter.com/Sherman_Report/status/253931583998935040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

This Benji doc is awesome so far but I can't get past how much one of his teammates looks like Beetlejuice from Howard Stern

I liked it, but I didn't care for the "he was Magic Johnson with a jumper" quote that I've seen repeated over and over again on Twitter. Magic HAD a jump shot. A good one, in fact. May not have been the prettiest to look at, but the ball went in the hole.

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

Niwrad posted:

If Bo had been healthy and fully committed to football, what kind of numbers do you guys think he could have put up? Tough to project longevity, but he'd have made runs at the single season rushing record on a regular basis, right?

He was the best running back I've ever seen. A healthy, one-sport-only Bo Jackson would have broken everything. He would have ended the debate on who the greatest back of all time was.

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

A defensive player who never even played at the same time Jackson did.

As I recall, Howie Long was the most prominent defensive player who was talking in the episode, and he absolutely was a teammate of Bo's.

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

I thought the best line in all the 30 for 30's was from Ron Meyer in Pony Excess.

"We called it the Trans A&M."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Brock
Feb 28, 2008

"Catching Hell" was cringe-worthy at quite a few moments but overall it's OK I suppose

• Locked thread