Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Dunno if I'll catch any flak for this, but the 30 for 30 on Matt Hoffman/BMX loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

I absolutely agree. Seeing him do that stuff to himself and not give any fucks was just crazy (not to mention all of the stuff that he innovated, if the doc is to be believed).

I'm not that into BMX or extreme sports, but I thought it was really interesting.

I'm not an extreme sports guy either, but it's just so weirdly enthralling. I want to say it's like an episode of Jackass but with a purpose, but that really doesn't do it justice. It's just loving interesting to watch a guy whose only goal in life is literally "I want to jump higher on my BMX bike than anyone else" go about doing what he does. Our reaction to that kind of life might normally be "well that's loving stupid" but seeing how much joy he gets out of it, and how much work he puts into it ("it" being "going high") it's pretty hard to doubt the legitimacy of it.

Also some of his (100+) concussions :stonk:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

FlickingFire posted:

Dunno if ESPN classifies it as a 'sport' but an episode chronicling the Chris Benoit incident and maybe steroid use in pro wrestling would have me watching

This would be really interesting, though I doubt you would get anybody currently working for WWE to contribute in any meaningful way.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

This documentary owns though

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought this was going to be "Here's how much money I made. Here's how I blew it. Here's how I live now."

This has been 15 minutes of "Bling bling, dawg, bling bling."

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get to that

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I have to say that Herm Edwards as the voice of reason is awesome.

"You buying champagne you but only got beer money. That's not good!"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Bart Scott said "$12,000 in rent" so casually.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Yeah if I was an agent or an advisor to an athlete I would literally sit them down and teach them about annuities for three hours.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Ah Kingdoms of Amalur

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Captain Tolerable posted:

Never thought I'd say this, but Herm Edwards has a point in almost everything.

Herm Edwards owns

Edit: Women :argh:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

That story about his girlfriend just taking 600k out of his account is literally the worst

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

$105 million :stare:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Now it's getting sad :smith:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

ChampRamp posted:

I can't believe Greg Norman ever made $105 mil.

This was my first reaction too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Why isn't Mark Brunell in this movie

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

109 rooms :catstare:

"I was broke. I didn't have any money...because I spent all my money."

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

$48 million for Bart Scott :negative:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I ended up really liking it, even though I thought the 'look at all my money!!!' portion went on a bit too long.

Seconding Herm Edwards as MVP of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

ozymandius1024 posted:

Having someone taking care of me all the time and paying for everything would kinda make me feel like a lowlife piece of poo poo.

Not trying to make a blanket statement, but a lot of the guys these athletes are hanging out with are lowlife pieces of poo poo.

• Locked thread