Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Frankly I'd just love to see more racing documentaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Danica! posted:

Absolutely. I was a Senna fan too, but they did kinda Jesus-fy him, which wasn't entirely accurate.

Something that bothered me about it, and the same thing with Dale, was they never went into the engineering/mechanical issues that led to the accident. A dude got convicted of manslaughter over Senna's death. His car hit an unprotected barrier in Tamburello corner. The day after Ratzenberger died hitting an unprotected barrier. There was a lot of important poo poo they left out. It was crash, "if the suspension was 6 inches in any direction he would have lived", cut to funeral. Dale ended with crash , seatbelt broke, roll credits.

Whole lot of important details left out there.

I thought SPEED's The Day was really well done, for what it's worth. They way they went into how the media had to handle Earnhardt's death was fascinating.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

So I don't really know where else to post this because it's just one video, so this thread seemed like the best fit. Every once in a while I'll re-watch this video because it's probably one of the best things ESPN has ever done, in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-l0dEvfWg

I get chills every time I watch it. It just strikes that perfect chord of why sports are the best and I really love it a lot so I wanted to share.

• Locked thread