Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I dunno, I really like rakontur's stuff. They could stand to try a different composer but I think them looking amateurish on production values is made up by their consistent output and good storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Simplex posted:

There are certainly more corrupt commissioners than Bettman out there, but most of them are highly competent in their corruptness. Nobody else is even close to being as bad at their job as Gary Bettman is.

Increasing revenues to like billions of dollars and getting national television deals? he's really good at his job dude

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

AceFace905 posted:

He went from ESPN and ABC before the 2004-05 lockout to Versus afterwards. As for the increased revenue, us hockey fans are so bad we practically need Mariska Hargitay to convince us to ditch our NHL teams. For everyone who said they were done, I only know one person that actually quit the NHL after the last lockout, and that was because his wife lost her job as a direct result of it :smith: The legacy of his commissionership has been a chunk of franchise expansion/relocation into the Southern United States that went so well, one wound up moving to Canada, while one that moved from Canada has been owned by the league for the last several years, and has only been kept from relocating to save face (and because it would economically obliterate the suburb it plays in).

i'm still not sure what this has to do with bettman making billions of dollars for the people that hired him to make money for them, which he has

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Declan MacManus posted:

Any TV deals the NHL has picked up are almost entirely due to a broadcasting arms race rather than competence on Bettman's part.

Also this.

right, they still made lots of money from the deal they made, lots of money, and they still have a national television deal. and also having franchises in the south is much better for this than having franchises in moose factory and elk taint manitoba

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

GD_American posted:

Don't come crying to us when goalies only wear beach towels in front of a soccer-sized net and you have to watch games tape-delayed on RFD-TV, I guess.

well i was only planning on talking to my therapist in the event that this absurd hysterical hypothetical comes to pass but thanks for the advice, i guess

• Locked thread