Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I absolutely love Catching Hell. Being a young-ish teen in the Chicago area at that time, I remember the feelings of hate and fury that came out of that, even though I didn't live anywhere near Wrigley, or even that end of the city.

As a soccer fan, I have to love The Two Escobars. I also really got into Winning Time; Reggie Miller was one of my favorite players as a kid, despite me being a Bulls fan. Jordan Rides the Bus was pretty cool too.

I also really enjoyed Small Potatoes for the weirdness of it all. I think I'll watch the Fab 5 one next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Despite the material being done to death already in books and such, I'd still love to see one about Bob Knight. Maybe about his departure from IU?

And I agree that something like Hillsborough would be pretty gripping - really I'd just like to see another about soccer.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Here is the schedule for the upcoming 30 for 30 'Round II':

October 2nd: 'Broke' (about athletes and financial troubles. Subjects include Bernie Kosar, Andre Rison, and Cliff Floyd)

October 30th: 'Ghosts of Ole Miss' (about the integration in 1962 at the University of Mississippi and their unbeaten football team)

December 8th: 'You Don't Know Bo' (about Bo Jackson and what he's been doing since he retired, or something)

The first sounds fascinating, and the other two have the potential to be awesome.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

So I don't really know where else to post this because it's just one video, so this thread seemed like the best fit. Every once in a while I'll re-watch this video because it's probably one of the best things ESPN has ever done, in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-l0dEvfWg

I get chills every time I watch it. It just strikes that perfect chord of why sports are the best and I really love it a lot so I wanted to share.

Cool video, though it pains me slightly that one of the two glimpses we get of my favorite league (MLS) is my team getting knocked out of the playoffs by the most hated player for our most hated rival on a goal that probably shouldn't have counted.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I really enjoyed Roll Tide/War Eagle, but maybe that's a story that's well known to college football fans already. I've always been a soccer/basketball guy, so I didn't know much about it.

Two Escobars was something I already knew a lot about, but it was still pretty heavy stuff.

I still think I liked Catching Hell the best though.

Just watched the Gretzky one. It was okay, not that great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'm really looking forward to those Nine for IX films, especially the one about the '99 US Women's National Soccer Team.

• Locked thread