Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody watch Playing For the Mob tonight? I thought it was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
And a bunch of random times before and after the next one.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What ever happened to there being one on Cleveland's 50-year title drought?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Because he is sometimes a sports writer and has lived through most of them?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Klosterman is the world's biggest goober but he works in the context of something like You Don't Know Bo. He's basically a professional goon.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Believeland was kind of disappointing. Felt more like a montage of bad things than anything deep. Needed more length and interview subjects.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Does the Cleveland doc talk about Ted Stepien at all?

For like two minutes. Admittedly they're a pretty funny two minutes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This whole doc is incredible through 4 episodes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mayodreams posted:

I accidentally caught 'Phi Slamma Jama' live the other night and I really enjoyed it. I thought the pacing was good, and I didn't know the back story of Houston, and its astounding they went to 3 Final Fours in a row.

Oh poo poo it already ran? Figured they'd wait for college basketball season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

algebra testes posted:

I'm watching Catholics v Convicts and I can't work it out. Like, it's entertaining me, but something is bugging me about this fan film about the rich white kids who really enjoyed it when Reagan spoke at their school getting revenge on those wild people from the poor university that beat 'em up at a football game previously.

That's pretty much been the consensus response from TFF. It's supposed to make ND look sympathetic but it makes them look even worse than usual.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

Miami was not a poor university.

Miami was, is and always will be a university of insufferable fucks who won't shut up about how great they were running the score up on unranked teams because Jimmy Johnson was a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

gently caress Miami.

The school isn't poor but I'm sure if you compared the players' family's incomes they would be dwarfed by ND.

Also gently caress you for your painfully bad opinion.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Obligatory good sportsmanship should stop at the high school level.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Your Taint posted:

So college and pro level sports fans shouldn't clap for an injured player as he leaves the field?

That's just basic human empathy and far removed from something like running up the score or doing an elaborate touchdown dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Costas was on maximum smug mode in that documentary. I can't believe NBC let him take on McMahon like that.

• Locked thread