Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't think (at least right now) of what else out of the world of NASCAR would feel right in a 30 for 30.

Getting into the final races of the 2004 season and you could probably muster one with the Hendrick plane tragedy and then the follow up with the almost championship runs by Gordon and Johnson.

Also dipping back into F1, you can do the 1994 season in a nutshell. Speed has done F1 Decade for 94, but it's just a wacky year with Senna's death, Schumacher's rise to dominance, the battle between Hill/Schumacher, crazy rulings going against Schumacher, and ultimately the last race in Australia where they crashed into each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

- Alex Zanardi

Holy poo poo why didn't I think of that. I'd wait a while though. This guys is still going and taking Paralympic golds and his old team owner Chip Ganassi and teammate Jimmy Vasser are both working together to get him to Indy next year.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

The Marinovich Project was good.

I just watched June 17, 1994 and I'm blown away. That was nuts.

Yeah watched it on Friday and was just wow, that day was pure insanity. If I was just a few years older, I would've remembered the whole media frenzy over OJ since I lived pretty close to LA. It was so out of hand that looking at a tour bus with the jury going to the house where Nicole died outweighed the qualifying races for the Daytona 500. They were so stupid that they thought there was only 1 and knocked out the pixel size screen of the race not knowing there was a second race. Also funny to see some of the news anchors and news sets that I remembered when I saw the news. But man that day, all sorts of stuff happened.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Another interesting idea I just thought up are racing actors like McQueen, Paul Newman, Patrick Dempsey to name a few. Can always delve into why they wanted to do this, what made them want to do this, and their successes.

• Locked thread