Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011
Love this series, I particularly liked the Matt Hoffman one and Once Brothers, for all its shortcomings. Also as a football fan the Two Escobars made for great viewing. Would like to see some more footy ones in the upcoming season/s, I think Hillsborough would make a good/depressing doco. Dunno if ESPN classifies it as a 'sport' but an episode chronicling the Chris Benoit incident and maybe steroid use in pro wrestling would have me watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011

barkingclam posted:

I think it'd be great if they did a 30 for 30 on the Punch up in Piestany. In a nutshell, it was a world junior hockey game between Canada and the USSR which got physical and descended into a giant brawl when the refs lost control of the situation, ending only when the arena staff turned out the lights. Both teams were kicked out of the tournament, costing Canada a medal.

But within a few years, a small tournament had became one of the biggest (and most overhyped) events on Canadian TV. Without the controversy over this brawl, the IIHF world juniors aren't any bigger than any other junior hockey tournament.

This sounds pretty great, I would watch it.

Looking forward to the Ben Johnson doco in particular

• Locked thread