Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I caught "The Best There Never Was" about Marcus Dupree last night on netflix. Easily one of my favorite 30 for 30's yet. If you haven't caught it I highly suggest you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

OH WORD SON posted:

My mother is Dody Teachman-

Tonya lived at my house for 18 months

What was that like? When did she live with you?

You've gotta do an A/T about this, man. Inquiring minds gotta know!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
New 30 for 30's don't show up on Hulu or Netflix shortly after, do they? I wanted to see the Playing for the Mob one last night but completely forgot about it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Guys I'm starting to think that Soviet government officials were dicks.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't bring myself to watch Catching Hell.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

C. Everett Koop posted:

The Two Escobars and 6/17/94 are two that I would show to anyone, regardless of their sports fandom and/or lack thereof. Both should be watched before you do anything else and this includes eat, sleep or poo poo.

To this day I think it's absolutely friggin insane that NBC had a split screen that day. One half was the NBA finals, the other half was the OJ chase.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

What is special about this team?

Also, Netflix used to stream the 30 for 30's a few weeks after they aired. The last one on there is "This Magic Moment."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DJExile posted:

There is another Michael Jordan documentary in the works.

It is 10 hours long :stare:

Does it touch on how his "retirement" was really a hush-hush suspension? Because it should.

edit: his first "retirement." Where he went and played baseball.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

FuzzySkinner posted:

The NFL comes across like it's ran by a bunch of upper class Ivy League WASP's.

It's been routinely challenged by the AFL, WFL, USFL and XFL because of that reason. Sadly, only the AFL and to a lesser extent USFL were able to encourage some sort of "change" when it comes to how it's ran.

The "fruits" of it's labor are finally bearing out. While leagues like the NBA,seem to be more...progressive on matters? The NFL just seems so backwards and dumb. They've changed their entire mindset. No longer is about Joe fan from Buffalo, but rather whatever upper class rear end in a top hat is willing to dole out the money for club seats.

How pathetic and sad that there are no owners of African American descent involved with the league? How about people in management within the leage? I think that right there speaks volumes to their current struggles.

Back to the topic at hand? I'm intrigued by this because the XFL itself is a fascinating concept, and one I do wish would have worked in retrospect. Save for Tourney time? It's very hard to find Saturday and Sunday programming during the Spring.

I find it amazing that the person "Who killed the USFL" is the same person who is about to kill our country as we know it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Didn't the XFL invent the camera on a cable above the field? If nothing else, that's a pretty big part of every NFL broadcast.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

So college and pro level sports fans shouldn't clap for an injured player as he leaves the field?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Odd that 30 for 30 hasn't done that yet. Or just the whole Baylor sports program in general. Rape and murder! Fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Akileese posted:

So the first 30 for 30 Audio is up. It's on Dan O'Brien and Dave Johnson and Reebok's hilariously bad marketing campaign for the '92 Summer Olympics in Barcelona. I'm about 15 minutes in but it's pretty good. It feels like a sports version of This American Life/Serial which is something that has been sorely missing from the podcast medium. I'm very excited for the rest of the series.

Also, if you've never seen those '92 ads, well enjoy. It's astounding how weird and bad they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKJkfE1M9wA

e: Fixed for idiocy.

I was 10 during the Barcelona games. Even then I thought that was a huge and hilarious fail.

One guy didn't make the games, the other won bronze.

I always wondered what happened to the exec who okayed that ad campaign.

• Locked thread