Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Has anyone ever made a documentary about the Cleveland Browns relocation? I enjoyed that film someone made about the Seattle Supersonics.

On the topic of HBO documentaries, I loved A Courtship of Rivals about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

screenwritersblues posted:

I was just think about this while reading some stuff about the new 30 for 30 and I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing one about Michael Phelps and his rivalries with Ian Crocker and Ryan Lochte. Just a theory, but I could see someone like Ed Burns and David Simon producing and directing it.

I want Burns and Simon to do a documentary about the annual East Baltimore vs West Baltimore hoops game.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I had a pet snake when I was a kid, named Bo. I had the shoes, the posters, even the calendar. He was the man in 1990.

That running up the outfield wall play was some real Prince of Persia poo poo.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

My favorite part of The Price of Gold was the old clip of Tonya's mother being interviewed... with a parrot on her shoulder for some reason.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Still waiting on that '94 Expos doc.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Everyone knows how good they were. I'd rather see one blowing the lid off how Bud Selig hosed them over on purpose. Too many people assume baseball failed in Montreal just because the strike ruined their best team.

Ugh. The worst was the year they were still in contention for a playoff spot but were not allowed to have September call ups because reasons.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Those all sound hilarious.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Anthony Cumia are furiously calling ESPN begging to be included in this.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

There's a conspiracy theory that he got caught gambling on basketball, but the NBA/Nike/etc didn't want to smear the good name of their cash cow, so they arranged for him to retire temporarily in lieu of a suspension.

Also his father was murdered because of Mike's unpaid gambling debts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Who did that multi-part series about the AFL? Was it Showtime? Is there any way to watch that these days?

• Locked thread