Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Antoine Walker was on ESPN and talked about losing his money. Yes, he probably bought a lot of stupid poo poo, but what always gets me is how these athletes tend to take care of all of their childhood friends. "I made it, you didn't, but don't worry, I got ya!" Traveling with a posse of 10 to 15 guys? Paying for everything, year in and year out? That poo poo adds up, and it adds up fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just saw this on Simmons' twitter:

http://instagram.com/p/QTP6vLL87C/

The Cavs watching Broke. Pay attention, guys.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
The NBA does offer such orientation programs on financial education, but most players simply can't be bothered to show up.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Declan MacManus posted:

If I was just drafted after spending a year in college that I didn't want to spend in the first place, why the gently caress would I volunteer to go to another class?
I think they offer them every summer, for all the players, but I can't find the link right now. It was an article that basically said there were like four guys in the room, and one of them was Jason Kapono who had just signed his $24mil deal. He said (paraphrasing): "That's it, my big payday. I won't get another contract like that, so I have to be smart about it. Why do you need five cars, when you can only drive one?"

• Locked thread