Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

There are certainly more corrupt commissioners than Bettman out there, but most of them are highly competent in their corruptness. Nobody else is even close to being as bad at their job as Gary Bettman is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Tonya would be a lot more sympathetic if she actually told the truth.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I also found it strange they omitted the sex tape and the professional wrestling. Tonya was an outsider in the figure skating world not because she was poor but because she was such a ridiculous caricature of poor white trash.

There's probably some really interesting issues to deal with there as Kerrigan was a ridiculous stereotype of a rich princess. But the documentary really didn't delve very deeply into her background.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Playing for the mob is interesting if only because I don't think I've seen anyone on these as completely full of poo poo as Jim Sweeney.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

probably

That's like, the most famous XFL story. It was a scramble instead of a coin toss to determine who got the ball to start the game, and a guy got a separated shoulder and missed the year in the very first week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

That one is one of my favorites mostly because I had watched Goodfellas a couple of days before watching the doc, and boom there's Henry Hill. Also Jim Sweeney comes off as more full of poo poo than Henry Hill, which I don't know how that's humanly possible.

• Locked thread