Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd like to see more topics going back further in time. Just about every story has featured a post-1980 subject. Two of the tennis episodes went back into the 70s and the Steinbrenner one but that's about it.

The Dude Bro posted:

I think a great subject for a 30 for 30 documentary would be the Buffalo Bills four trips to the Super Bowl, and their four losses in the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't mind seeing that one either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Alpha3KV posted:

I really wonder why basic financial education is not something that is mandatory for everybody. Way too many people graduate with no real idea of how to use money wisely.

It's a skill that some have a hard time grasping. People can graduate with financial degrees and be highly educated but still reckless. I knew someone that was essentially a millionaire for a few months in the stock market game. Ended up losing most of it because they couldn't stop themselves.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I found 9.79 interesting. I liked that synthesizer music they used. Reminded me of the music they used when injecting Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

ChampRamp posted:

The tester going back on all the tests and stopping was pretty dumb. If Carl Lewis cheated (he probably did), why not let it out for history to know. You're the only one with access to the samples.

He could've extorted all of the big-time athletes with somewhat of a reputation left. Very smart to hold onto the samples all those years.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Even if he comes out with evidence against one of those guys, I doubt anything happens. They will claim that the samples were tainted or something. It's also kind of pointless now.

Yea, I don't know how much it would matter to some athletes at this point. Is there a statute of limitations on taking someones medal away?

I still have a feeling some would be willing to pay to maintain their clean legacy.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I swear the guy who wrote the voice-over for the little league documentary had some sort of bet about how many awful, over-wrought cliches he could force out of a gravelly-voiced actor. I dare you to get more than 15 minutes into it without getting incredulous that those sentences are happening to you.

That one bothered me because they filmed every face way too close. It was kind of comical.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

So I don't really know where else to post this because it's just one video, so this thread seemed like the best fit. Every once in a while I'll re-watch this video because it's probably one of the best things ESPN has ever done, in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-l0dEvfWg

I had more cynicism out of this one compared to that one ESPN did at the turn of the century. A lot of flubs and disgraced athletes and I guess I don't like "Clocks" either.

Ten years later and I'm still hilariously amazed at how stupid and insane a 72-year-old Don Zimmer was in trying to attack Pedro Martinez.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd known most of the Bo Jackson lore but I came away even more impressed after seeing it a few days ago. I liked how Bo went into a lot of detail and recounted the stories and meetings like they just happened to him yesterday.

Also, they kept calling him a "shell" when he came back to the White Sox. He still could hit HRs and wasn't terrible. The show made it sound like he struggled a couple of years and then made it back to the MLB for an AB and then retired.

Grittybeard posted:

Throwing out Harold Reynolds from the wall has always been my favorite Bo highlight.

It's funny because Harold Reynolds throws his helmet around incredulously.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I watched Survive and Advance last night and liked all the details it gave for that 1983 NCST team:

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=survive%20and%20advance

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

vaginal culture posted:

I think the worst one I remember was Broke.

Yea, that one seemed to be edited pretty schizophrenically.

Looking forward to Jimmy Connors 1991:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ww7KM2qFR4

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

That one was okay but everything covered was kind of a retread that I remembered so nothing was new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

I still don't understand how they couldn't get one World Series out of the 1994-2001 era. I still have this irrational hatred of the Florida Marlins to this day.

CLE was the best regular season team by SRS in 1995 and 1996 (#2 in 1994 and 2000). The MLB playoffs are a crapshoot though especially in a five game series.

• Locked thread