Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Frankly I'd just love to see more racing documentaries.

I don't know if you've watched Senna, but the whole documentary is amazing. I will never forget the San Marino Grand Prix, definitely one of the formative sports moments of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

Danica! posted:

Senna was really good if you were a Senna fan. But in fairness, they presented him in nothing but a positive light. They didn't show that he could be just as political and underhanded as Prost. But thats cool by me since gently caress Prost.

I basically agree, and I was Senna fan when I was younger. I do think they implicitly acknowledged his hypocrisy to a certain extent, and his tendency to become unhinged was depicted through footage if not commentary or interviews (and I did feel as though they weren't particularly enthusiastic to speak ill of the dead, since the film ultimately culminates in a tragedy). It is admittedly for the fans and, from the outset, not an unbiased treatise on the state of Formula One at the time.

• Locked thread