Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I watched Catching Hell around when it first aired, and it made me feel bad all over again for what happened to Steve Bartman. It also shed light on what happened inside Wrigley right after the incident, which I didn't know about. If I remember right, there's still one rear end in a top hat who is completely unapologetic about what he did to Bartman, pissed me off so much.

Recently watched the Matt Hoffman one, thought it was pretty good, but a little underwhelming. Once Brothers was really good, and brought up a bunch of stuff I kind of knew about, but not really, regarding the whole split of Yugoslovia. Last one I recently watched is The Band That Wouldn't Die, and i found it interesting, especially as a former marching band nerd myself. You can see the pain a lot of those people still carry with them from the Colts moving to Indy.

I'm going to have to rewatch The U because I haven't seen it since it aired, and I remember it being hilarious. I've got June 17, 1994 and Two Escobars in my queue now to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Cliff Floyd has been retired since 2010, and he made over 53 million dollars in his career :stare:

This is football, not baseball like what Floyd played, but 3/4 of all NFL players will file for bankruptcy at some point after leaving the NFL. It's amazing how quickly players blow through that money.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The Soccer Stories really suffered from being so short. There were definitely a few where it got to the end, and I was like, "that's it?" Just seemed like they never had enough time to put a complete story together. Hillsborough being the exception since it was a full-length documentary.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I thought Catching Hell was a 30 for 30? It's one of the better ones, and I'm a Cubs fan. Only slightly unbelievable that there's a couple people in there who seem completely unrepentant about how awful they were to Bartman.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

DJExile posted:

i don't care what anyone says, i thought that scramble drill instead of a kickoff was amazing

Didn't guys get hurt doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

DJExile posted:

Remember how awesome "OJ: Made In America" was?

Well ESPN is going to follow that up with.......... A multi-part documentary on Chicago Bears fans.

:confused:

I'm a Bears fan and I'm not sure even I want to watch this.

• Locked thread