Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I've enjoyed most of these that I've seen, especially Unguarded and Catching Hell, but the absolute worst one I've watched is Straight Outta LA by Ice Cube. I thought it would be interesting because I know the Raiders have one hell of a history and Al Davis is a story all his own, but it quickly turned into an hour-long+ handjob about NWA and how they changed hip-hop. That's also an interesting story on it's own, but I wanted to know more about the Raiders.

Run, Ricky, Run felt pretty flat too, but Straight Outta LA was just terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

BasicFunk posted:

If I remember right, Straight Outta LA wasn't really supposed to be about the Raiders as much as it was supposed to be about their connection to hip hop culture in the 80s and 90s.

But it mostly became about NWA and Ice Cube. That was my problem with it. I feel like a good documentarian lets the story tell itself and not let themselves become the story.

• Locked thread