Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If you didn't love The U then Get The gently caress Out.

Even non-sports fans I know who have watched The U think it's amazing. It's worth it for the end zone dances alone.

I love the part in Catching Hell where they focus on Buckner's glove. I've never really understood how he completely missed the ball or how he could live with himself but, seeing that the glove clearly folded on its own once it hit the ground, makes me feel like it wasn't totally Bucker's fault. I was hoping that, in the end, the would be some silver lining for Bartman in that he is finally able to start living a normal life again. The fact that there isn't is really devastating especially considering all the evidence that the documentary collects to show that people should just let it go.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I thought Dotted Line was pretty interesting. The Michael Jordan stories from David Falk and coverage of Peter Greenberg could almost be their own pieces if they expanded on them. There's some bonus footage at the end of the credits of Falk telling more stories, too.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Thats good, I watched I Hate Christian Laettener despite not knowing anything much about college basketball I enjoyed the entire thing.

As long as they know what's bullshit and not when it comes to the interviews.

I had to walk back my hate of Laettner a little after that one. I had no idea about his upbringing and it really changed how I felt about him and I was way too young to know anything about the rumors about him being gay (even if sexuality is a spectrum and, in 2016, I don't give a gently caress who he was loving in 1991). I still say he should have been kicked out of that game against Kentucky. :argh:

VikingSkull posted:

the XFL was amazing to watch, but for all the wrong reasons

Especially given what we know about the long term effects of football injuries and all the safety precautions they eliminated.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 12, 2016

• Locked thread