Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Professor Funk posted:

Dunno if I'll catch any flak for this, but the 30 for 30 on Matt Hoffman/BMX loving owns.

I absolutely agree. Seeing him do that stuff to himself and not give any fucks was just crazy (not to mention all of the stuff that he innovated, if the doc is to be believed).

I'm not that into BMX or extreme sports, but I thought it was really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

October 2nd: 'Broke' (about athletes and financial troubles. Subjects include Bernie Kosar, Andre Rison, and Cliff Floyd)

Cliff Floyd has been retired since 2010, and he made over 53 million dollars in his career :stare:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Are the HBO docs part of HBOGO? Been teetering on the fence about getting HBO and that might take me over the edge.

The only sports related ones I'm seeing on GO are the series of "On Freddie Roach", and a doc on Bobby Fischer.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

Antoine Walker was on ESPN and talked about losing his money. Yes, he probably bought a lot of stupid poo poo, but what always gets me is how these athletes tend to take care of all of their childhood friends. "I made it, you didn't, but don't worry, I got ya!" Traveling with a posse of 10 to 15 guys? Paying for everything, year in and year out? That poo poo adds up, and it adds up fast.

I can't understand that point of view from the friends. At some point wouldn't you say "nah, don't worry about it man, I can get my own stuff"? Having someone taking care of me all the time and paying for everything would kinda make me feel like a lowlife piece of poo poo.

Is it an Entourage kind of thing where these friends do little things for their buddy and treat it as a "job", so they feel that they're getting compensated for their troubles or something?

• Locked thread