Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Texas 6-man football could be interesting. What life is like for kids in such small farming towns. And then the total barely organized chaos of 6-man football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was really good IMO. Really expanded on something I knew about, but wasn't that familiar with.

I agree. It's also the one that left me with the most unsettled feeling. Even the Best That Never Was at least showed Marcus Dupree finding some level of peace with his past. In this one everyone still seemed to be grappling with the decisions they made. And I got the very strong impression from the closing that Carl Lewis was dirty but they didn't catch it in 1988.

I also liked it as an allegory for the steroid era in baseball. If you don't take it you won't make it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

gently caress I always wondered what happened to Ben Petrick...now I wish I hadn't found out, that's awful :smith:

Ben Petrick was in the booth for a few innings of a Rockies game last month. It was one of the most heart wrenching things I listened to in a while

• Locked thread