Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Hammsturabi posted:

The guitar is playing power chords, right? One thing that might help is if you made it so that not all the notes in each chord started at the same time. That's one thing that stood out to me, is that the onset of all the guitar chords sounded exactly the same. If you were to edit what you have now, turn off the grid-snapping in Ableton, and move each note slightly (as in, a fraction of a 32nd note) to the left or right, it might make it sound more natural. When you strum a guitar, you don't hit all the notes at exactly the same time. You could also try something similar with the loudness of each note, vary them a bit (haven't tried that myself, though).

Your other options are:
- work with a real guitarist
- use a different virtual instrument that doesn't sound like a distorted guitar, but still has some sort of powerful, distorted sound. You could even try using a distorted organ timbre, like Deep Purple or Uriah Heep.
- find a better guitar synth, but this one might be as good as you'll get. It sounds pretty good aside from the uncanny machine-like precision

Here try this I cycled through a bunch of sounds https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55998/fluteguitar.mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Freddie Gibbis posted:

here is a work in progress, my poo poo is pretty much done but jesse d is gonna put a verse on it too. if anybody else wants to get on this hit me up cuz i can add another verse to the beat or w/e but it's a pretty crazy rhythm so be prepared to get frustrated writing to it lol

this is my fake black milk poo poo

Its 404d.

• Locked thread