Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
Here is a working version for a track I'm developing for my brother. Still needs formatting/mastering but I like where it is going. Any feedback will not be appreciated and probably will result in a scoff from my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
I'm about to purchase a sound card for my new setup and was wondering if y'all had any suggestions. Just need a solid one that can record with minimal latency issues. Also about to purchase a new preamp / mic setup in the near future so any input is appreciated. Here is the sound card I'm currently looking at :

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-US41750-Audiophile-Hi-def-Card/dp/B00064ABSG

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Tokit posted:

too bad you dont make good posts tho

:iceburn:

Jesus H Nyce posted:

Who are you and what the hell do you want with us?

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Magic

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Radical Griff posted:

Does anyone have an AIM account or some sort of instant messaging program? I've found that when I talk to people who are into producing music, it inspires me to work harder on my own stuff, but I don't have any musician friends.

hmu griffmclain @ gmail (dot) com is my AIM/Email.

I usually have skype open if you (or any other goons) want to add me. SN : JayNyceProductions

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

an skeleton posted:

Does anyone like it.

Nope, and nobody ever will

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

THNDRTHF posted:

NEW TOPIC:

What's the process when you sit down to make a beat?

Usually I'll start with either a sample or bang out a melody on the keyboard, then layer in some simple drum patterns to get a better idea of where I want to take it. Once I have the skeleton, I'll work with / modify the melody until I get it sounding right before I add a bass line to it. Once the bass sounds good, I go back and make my drums more complex / fuller to match the bass and melody better. Then I'll go back over then next few days / weeks to add to it as I come up with ways to improve it. Or it sits in my unfinished queue and I never return to it.

That's on a good day. Usually it goes : Play something on keyboard, realize it sucks, try to make it sound better, realize that I suck and question my abilities, serendipity happens and I somehow makes something that sounds decent, realize that I just played the melody to an old Motown song I like, listen to that song, realize that they are better musicians than me, weep

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
Been making some noises on my TV box:

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
New video from my homie Lex :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7L2oBcsut0

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

THNDRTHF posted:

while tiktok overdoses on bukkake

use

eyebrowthird@gmail.com
Goons4lyfe

put poo poo on the google drive - put stems in folders

raw beats can go in the main folder

finished songs should be labeled "Artist - Title prod. Tiktoks Mom"

Just uploaded 3 tracks to contribute to this; I can send stems for them if necessary once I get back into the country. If this starts developing (which we know how the other goon collabs have went) I'll update the OP to include tracks/timelines etc for this.

Edit: And now the account is locked due to "unusual activity"

Jesus H Nyce fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 9, 2013

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

Thoogsby posted:

also can we talk about Yeezus in here?

If it's production related (how did he flip that sample etc.), then that's gravy. If it's just dickriding (looking at you Griff), then no.

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
Just put some more beats in there and created by own sub-folder, gently caress with me now

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8fa5WIpZnGZbmZxVm94eHFIYkU&usp=sharing

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

whoknew posted:

wow this is pretty rare someone in this thread actually delivering on something (which i am very guilty of as well)

https://soundcloud.com/doubl-e/life-of-the-party/s-sZ6ew

also if anyone wants to hop in and record a verse over my freestyle interpretive babbling in the place the second verse probably should have gone, please feel free

I would like to hear a better mastered version of this (vocals are quiet as it has been mentioned), but this is dope.

THNDRTHF posted:

woah bruh - you are improving leaps and bounds since i last heard you

also i like how you are incorporating the sample into your lyrics, keep killin it mayne

It's like our little whoknew is growing up before our eyes. :wooper:

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com
gently caress you if you haven't bought POSTING WHILE HIGH

rip lanzy

Jesus H Nyce
Nov 27, 2007

fakejesus143@gmail.com

http://lexlingo.bandcamp.com/album/most-high

Produced tracks 1 & 5

Blaze one to track 5 today / right now