Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Been trying to get into playing slower poo poo all on my triggers rather than sequencing anything. Loving some of the sounds you get chucking like a second or so of a synth into a sampler.

Anyway, does this just sound sloppy, or vibey to you guys? Tried to keep it loose but I think it's too far: http://soundcloud.com/fieldbalm/brambles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Freddie Gibbis posted:

i don't like the drum sounds at all but that's neither here nor there

i would say that you really need to be careful abt the snare, even if you listen to like dilla or black milk or dudes who do a lot of hand-sequencing swing, you will always hear the 2 & 4 of the snare quantized even if every other note is sloppy

as it stands right now nobody would be able to rap over this really cuz the last two beats of every fourth bar completely fall apart

Thanks dude, that's pretty helpful. Not a lot of experience working w/o a grid in front of me. Are there any cool videos showing hip-hop producers workflows? I'd love to see which parts are programmed and which parts are played in etc.

• Locked thread