Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
well power was produced by s1 and dark fantasy was produced by no id and the rza so that might be why youre not sounding like kanye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012

guy in a jetta posted:

how do I get in touch with rappers that don't suck? I have enough beats to make a full length album. and that is something I would like to do. I need a consultant or something.

as some mentioned, going to real life shows/showcases/ciphers/gatherings with demos/fliers is always a good idea. while a lot of people will tend to just throw them out, if you get some face time and show that youre a legitimate musician who knows his craft people will be more inclined to take you seriously.

also, theres always just mass friending/following people in the scene on facebook/twitter/messageboards and then just spamming the gently caress out of your links/works

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
instead of buying an mpc just try using another program or more synths ... native instruments poo poo is pretty cool

or you can try to go 'native' and use all analog equipment with mpcs/sps which is what some people do

i use fl studio but i might use my maschine i have just laying around here sooner rather than later

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
interesting. so you just load the stems of the beat you made in the actual maschine software into separate maschine channels in ableton?

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
oh yo so i realize that i hardly ever post in this thread anymore

and this is some total herb poo poo but for some reason i think this would be hilarious

yall should totally help me win the 'austin hiphop producer of the year' award apparently i get a bad microphone plaque and everything lmao

https://polldaddy.com/poll/7007933/ i am 'harris' lol

if i win ill make sure to shout out goon nation

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
hey guys! check out this youtube video with the beat i produced on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kseTDf4zJo its for my friends new album that just dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
Hey yall figured I'd post in here ... I'm selling my white Maschine Mk II and Komplete 10 Ultimate for $800 and would rather sell it to a fellow forum member than somebody I don't know ... holla!

• Locked thread