Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Yep! I've been sketching and learning music production and synthesis in Ableton for the last decade, just a little bit every day, and have gigs of material I've generated through the practice, but have forced myself to learn producing on an MPC 2500 I got for a steal and fixed up. Still working through tutorials and I keep getting distracted by the sequencer and external gear, but it's helping me to move pretty effortlessly through sound and actually make music out of it. I find myself sampling sparkly bits I get from daily field recordings, drums synthesized from a Machinedrum I process through a Zoom multieffect pedal, and bass through a computer wavetable synth, but I'll probably get a Blofeld and run that so it I have a box for that. I'm always scrounging for pre, or minimal PC beatmaking videos and writings. I enjoyed this one El-P did where his DAW was mainly for arranging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q06UxOKc7io

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread