Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

From what it sounds like in the leaks so far there has been lots of fabrication of evidence and hopefully we will get some prosecutions out of this.

Reminder that the police never get punished for anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I've spent all afternoon arguing with mentalists who are still convinced that Liverpool fans are to blame for this.

Its loving exhausting.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Scott Bakula posted:

Why bother? Tell them to read the report or gently caress off

Well I know the best I'm going to get out of the actual mentalists is them shutting the gently caress up, which seems to have now happened, but the idea of people 'on the fence' (what a loving innappropriate term right now) being persuaded by them annoyed me.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

TyChan posted:

In real life or on the internet?

Mostly on a Norwich forum but also one friend of mine who just likes to be a contrarian dickhead.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Please tell me more about English football culture in the 80s Man United fan from Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Corrode posted:

A quick Google says that the stewards aren't required to be SIA licensed or qualified at all. Apparently the person in charge should be and about 5 others to do any real work like babysitting a manager who's been sent to the stands, but otherwise they're just kids in coats getting minimum wage to sit/stand between fans and pitch. As anyone who's been to a game in England will have seen, if anyone invades the pitch the stewards generally only make a cursory effort at stopping them. One guy will get handled by the licensed fellas but if loads go in then the police take over and organise it all and the stewards just do the chain of hands thing and walk you back into a corner.

I did once see a Plymouth fan get rugby tackled by a steward which was quite fun but it's definitely not the norm. They're there for an illusion of security but they aren't going to get involved if anything major kicks off.

Yep this is 100% true. When I was 18-20 I stewarded at Carrow Road, got literally zero training, just got given an orange jacket and occasionally told where to stand. If anyone had tried to invade the pitch I would have just stood and watched. Most stewards were like me, just using it as a way to get paid to watch the games.

• Locked thread