Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Xabi posted:

The fact that it took 23 years for us to get this report is a complete disgrace.

Nothing more to add really, absolutely shocking, all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Ninpo posted:

Been listening on 5 Live. This completely transcends football and any rivalries. I'm utterly disgusted and find myself feeling ashamed just because someone loving should. I can't believe the families of 96 people have had to live for 23 years being told and having to read utterly disgusting lies about their loved ones, being unable to grieve and move on.

Hearing the names read out and hearing the ages, 13, 15, early 20s, some families losing multiple children...it's horrifying.

Heads should loving roll, but they won't. It's been too long and this government is the wrong colour to grow a spine and actually do anything meaningful. The News of the World isn't the only paper that should be hosed off forever.

gently caress this planet. I hope at the very least the families and friends of the 96 and those involved in the justice campaign can finally start to take some solace.

This sums up my thoughts exactly, I mean we all suspected some things had been cooked, but not to this degree. The worst bit, the thing I really can't get my head around, is the amount of people that could have been saved after this magic 3:15 time, there is so much blood on the hands of whichever bastards made that decision to not allow any assistance or medical help to enter.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

The front page of The Sun tomorrow, they've tried, but still, gently caress them.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

United have officially condemned the Hillsborough chanting from todays game, from what I heard from my mate that went he said it was a tiny group of morons, but still distasteful.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Scott Bakula posted:

Seems some Man Utd fans on twitter have tried to say the hillsborough "Always the victims, its never your fault" songs were aimed at Suarez

Even if they were, it still seems a ridiculously stupid thing to be singing because it was always going to be misconstrued, especially considering they weren't even playing Liverpool.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Fyuz posted:

I didn't hear the chant in question at the game, but I did hear the murderers chant that went round for all of about 5 seconds. Pretty shameful, and I do worry about Sunday. Hopefully the United fans will behave like the City fans did at the derby in 2008.

Great to see Mackenzie get doorstepped, and I hope he is never a guest on any BBC program for the rest of time, or any TV channel for that matter.

It'll be just like the Munich anniversary derby, there'll be a media poo poo storm like there was then, everyone was talking about how City would do some retarded poo poo and totally ruin it, and then in the end they were fantastic. United fans will be exactly the same on Sunday, but yet the papers will write all week about how its going to be a cluster gently caress.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Adrianics posted:

I mentioned Jimmy McGovern's Hillsborough docu-drama earlier. Well, someone's gone and put the whole thing on Youtube, and I strongly suggest you all take 96 minutes out of your day to watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf15PAPnAik

Just watched this, and everyone should probably do the same.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

I said it before and I still believe it, it's going to be exactly like the Munich anniversary, and the United fans will be absolutely fine.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Strawman posted:

I hope you're right, I just don't see why they'd change their behavior now when being condemned for the chants for over 20 years hasn't stopped them.

The tiny minority of idiot City fans that chanted about Munich managed to contain themselves despite doing it for years before hand; I think it'll be the same with United. I'm not saying they won't resurface next year, but I am sure the magnitude of the situation this time round will effect those bone heads that might normally do it.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

8raz posted:

It'll be fine tomorrow. Until Suarez celebrates a goal with an airplane gesture.

Thats a term of endearment in Uruguay, so its fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

Then again, his previous blog post is him suggesting Romney has a shot at the US election, posted just one week before the election when everyone but Karl Rove knew what was going to happen.

Welcome to the Daily Mail.

• Locked thread