Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Zotwoz posted:

As with Lemonjello and Orangejello, there is no such person with that name. It's poo poo that never happened :ssh:

One of the links posted earlier included the information that there's about 4 people in the nation named Lemonjello according to People Search. :eng101: It's still poo poo that never happened because how the hell would 4 lemonjellos meet so many people across the nation, though.

quote:

My sister came across an unfortunate soul named Easter Areola at her old staffing agency job.

My mom worked with someone named Harold Areola. She apparently offended him by laughing when she found out why he doesn't go by 'Harry'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
At one job I had; I was doing a mail out and found one addressed to a Mrs. Tribble

The best part about it was I subsequently learnt that the family had 10+ kids and more to come.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

A Moose posted:

Pretty sure Theron is an actual name people sometimes have. But holy crap Nazim. Best name on that list. He is almost certainly named after someone's D&D character or something.

Nazim is a perfectly normal Arabic name. White people can be Muslim, too. So can Arabs, for that matter.

Gabriel-Ernest
Jun 3, 2011

Such dreadful things should not be said even in fun.
At work this summer I found a record for a teacher, I think in Kansas, named Gay Grimm.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went to high school with a kid named Ben Dover. He would sign up for stuff, but would get removed because they though it was a fake name.

A girl i used to work with her parents almost named her Pheonix. Her last name. Wright. Yes, she almost was Phoenix Wright. She would have had to of gone into law rather than archeology.

There was a girl, we named Sleepfucker because, well, she tried to sleep gently caress this guy who was passed out a party. Nicknames don't count, but she did eventually get pregnant and she named her kid Ariel, as in the Little Mermaid. Not really a terrible name, a little on the ethereal side, but the big problem its a boy. Ariel Belle Sleepfucker. Yep, that kid is going to have issues, probably his mother being a crazy goth woman who dresses him in Victorian baby clothes that are meant for girls has serial killer in that poor guys future.

Before the internet, if you wanted attention you had to go out and do something crazy. This guy we all knew, but didn't like very much decided to get attenion he'd pie 90s Prime Minister of Canada Jean Chretien on a visit to Halifax. That wasn't enough, because other people did it too, so he felt his regular name was too prosaic and for years talked about renaming himself to Grace Junkie. From what I can tell from facebook, he did do it eventually.

When friends of mine started living together, their neighbors could often be heard yelling at their kids, who were named Marshall and Mathers. My sister works in public housing and she recently helped a lady get a place and her teenage sons are named Shaquil and O'niell. No I did not spell those wrong, that's how they were written in the application.

Where I used to live, anytime i'd be out at the mall, or wal-mart or any place were there are tons of people, i'd always hear a little girl being addressed as Bella. I got sad when I eventually looked it up and found Bella, Jacob and Edward were now among the most popular baby names.

Covered In Bees
Aug 22, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

she named her kid Ariel, as in the Little Mermaid. Not really a terrible name, a little on the ethereal side, but the big problem its a boy.

A boy with a feminine name like that can surely move between two worlds.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Cymbal Monkey posted:

Kadrea and her mother Qadriyya.

I knew a woman named Kadrije, likely pronounced the same, but she's from Albania originally.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Ariel is a man's name in Hebrew - come on, haven't you heard of Ariel Sharon?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bringmyfishback posted:

A friend of mine back in Toronto who works with recently-immigrated children told me about this cute little girl from Singapore whose name was Rammit Deep.

Ah, yes. Reminds me of a sign I saw announcing the name of our airport shuttle bus driver: "your driver's name is Anass Rhammar"

Also, my sister knows a family whose three children are named Tundra, Glee and Seven. (Tundra is a boy, the other two are girls)

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Also, my sister knows a family whose three children are named Tundra, Glee and Seven. (Tundra is a boy, the other two are girls)
Was her middle name Ofnine? That might make things a bit better(But not really because it was Voyager).

Anywho my Geology proffessor is named Gary Potter which probably made the last decade a bit frustrating for him. Although outside of his skin color he's pretty much the exact opposite of Harry.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Lotish posted:

I believe that is in fact just an alternative spelling. Wednesday originates from Woden's Day.

In Japanese, "oden" is the name for a bunch of boiled, nasty things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden.

Sagebrush posted:

Ah, yes. Reminds me of a sign I saw announcing the name of our airport shuttle bus driver: "your driver's name is Anass Rhammar"

Seven? That's a Costanza-approved name!

No Pun Intended posted:

At one job I had; I was doing a mail out and found one addressed to a Mrs. Tribble

The best part about it was I subsequently learnt that the family had 10+ kids and more to come.

This is my favourite thing ever.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh, and I don't know if this is actually a Shithead/Lemonjello/La-A/Abcde thing, but my cousin told me once about a show she'd seen about people with weird names, and apparently they introduced two brothers named Winner and Loser. Loser goes by "Lou", founded a successful business selling office supplies or something like that, and generally lives a good life. Winner is currently in prison for sticking up a gas station.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
Well, my father runs apartment complexes, and he claims to have had a tenant who named her two children Orangejello and Lemonjello. He said that her reasoning was because when she was pregnant with the first one, she craved orange jello, and lemon jello when she was with the second. He's not the stuffthatdidnthappen.txt type, but who knows.

One thing I know for sure though, was my mother went to school with a kid named Dusty Rhodes. No one believed it apparently, and in high school he actually brought his birth certificate with him to prove that was his name.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My best friend in grade school was named Yi Ya Yoo (phonetic). He went by Yuri in North America, which his parents thought was a "white" name, but of course Yuri Gagarin was a famous Soviet cosmonaut so no one named their kid that in the 1980s.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

There was a girl in my school called Jemima Gun, her little sister was Iona Gun.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Working in a call centre I encounted a Godpower Moses

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

I worked with a guy named Napoleon Bonaparte (last name), III. He went by Trip.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

funkybottoms posted:

Was this around Macon? I've done a notary for a dude named Z with a Georgia driver's license.

This was in Springfield, VA.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
Zebulon Strawbridge - kid at my primary school.

Richard Skinner - guy I used to work with.

Justice Winlaw - family friend.

Edit: thought of Christina Cross - woman at head office from work. Goes by Chris.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Vidaeus posted:

Justice Winlaw - family friend.

The star of the next Ace Attorney game.

Used to work with a little girl named Ebony. White as a ghost. Sadly I have no information on whether she had a sister named Ivory.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Just remembered that from this season of MasterChef, one of the contestants had a son named Danger. That's a middle name dammit!

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
My buddies name is Frazier Conception. I think it's more cool than anything. But my housemate grew up with a Blaze Bolls.

cuddle bug
Oct 30, 2008

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Kammat posted:

Just remembered that from this season of MasterChef, one of the contestants had a son named Danger. That's a middle name dammit!

I know a girl whose middle name is Danger. She went to the preschool I used to work at. Super cute kid!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Oh, and I just remembered another one. At a job I worked for a short time, one of the women in the secretarial pool was Dawn Quixote.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
There's a politician in my home state named Twinkle Andress. She went to school with my ex-husband, so she'd be about 50 now. Grandma Twinkle.

angels on horseback
Nov 9, 2008
I went to an international boarding school, so there were the usual foreign names that never really raised any eyebrows. One tiny, soft-spoken Chinese girl unfortunately chose the English name of Venus, which she could barely pronounce when she first arrived. She got teased a bit when she introduced herself as "Wee-nus". She was really sweet. :(

Then there was a huge family of preacher's kids who enrolled in the school. Their names were Truth, Trust, Faith, and Rejoice. With the last name of Opera. I was friends with Faith and Rejoice and damned if they weren't the nicest, most caring people in the world. They were originally from Kenya and they were always smiling and looking for ways to cheer you up if you were down. No-one ever had a bad thing to say about the Opera kids.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Just remembered my high school gym teacher, who was also an amateur body builder. Mr. Armes. :haw:

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Christian Knoblich

Not terrible, just unfortunate, although I would imagine it isn't as bad in German as it is in English.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Worst I have is Story Smiley. We were both volunteers at the animal shelter in my hometown. She was very sweet. Her dad would come in and embarrass the hell out of with stories of how she punched him in the balls at age three, pooped in the kitchen sink at age eight, and another one I can't remember.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.
I've met some really interesting names where I worked.

One of our on site technicians was called Richard Richard. We called him Dick Squared, he was a really nice guy.
Another on site tech was called Rose LaRose.

Edit: Also one of my old coworkers before I switched team was called Phuc Long.
He decided to change it to Peter Long. Not sure that helps when your name appears as "Long, Peter", buddy.

Lysdexique has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Sep 14, 2012

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Some of the worst names I've encountered had to be Deelite Clegg, and Eugene Titman. And I'm pretty sure Le-A and Female work with my uncle at Nintendo

Benzene
Feb 1, 2007
So viel Spa fr wenig Geld.

One Swell Foop posted:

Ah yes, and at University there was an elusive law professor called Doctor De'Ath.

One of my high school teachers named her daughter Hope De'Ath.

Broxgar
Aug 2, 2012
My wife and I named 3 of our 4 kids after Babylon 5 characters. Most people think they are terrible. Twin boys, Londo and Lennier. Little girl named Delenn.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Did you not once think about about your children's well being and convenience while making really poor choices, or were you too busy watching Babylon 5 in the delivery room?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Kublei Connors has the best parents ever.

On the other hand, I remember seeing a permutation of Masa Lovett while doing some filing.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
There is a person where I work named "Lord Colon-Hymen". I poo poo you not.
While I was working on a computer yesterday, I saw a name on one of the papers for a kind named Miracle. What the gently caress is wrong with people.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Oh yeah. I forgot that I worked with a girl named Destiny Creamer. Simply amazing.

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

I knew a guy named Zebulon. Don't remember his last name. He was buff, with long blond hair, and was a really, really cool dude. I had a little crush on him. Some people can really rock the odd names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.
Last week I had a customer called Queenie Gay.