Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Met a girl named ALGEBRA once...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When I went to school it was rare for anyone to have the same name, maybe max 2 in a class. Everyone had fairly normal names, nothing insane. David's and Mike's and Trevor's and of course Jennifers and Jessicas and Kates. But people managed to name their kids in a way that there were almost no doubles. We had 2 Aarons but they were spelled the same, one wasn't loving "Eyrohn".

Spelling your kids name wrong because you want an over-used/popular name but want them to be different is like when you pick an email address or nickname and it's taken so you just add some numbers at the end. Pick a different loving name.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

flakeloaf posted:

There was the girl born Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii who sued for emancipation so she could change her name. If memory serves the judge was not kind to her parents.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/talula-does-the-hula-from-hawaii-9-gets-court-ordered-name-change-1.745238
Wow

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend named one of her daughters Theora, which seems a reasonable name, the only problem is that her daughter has a slight speech impediment and couldn't say her own name until she was about 7. People would think her name was Dora, or Cora or or even Eyeore. She eventually got so self-conscious about her inability to say her name that when people asked her name she just said "little girl". She can say her name now though and it makes her very proud.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

sudont posted:

I know of a man named King Odor, and I have met him in person. He's in Public Health. All of his citations read "Odor King". He was super cool in person, too.

But how did he smell?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dalex, like alex with a D. Parents are apparently Dr. Who fans :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend works in a pharmacy and comes accross a lot of good names. The latest great name is (last name)
LITTLEMOUSTACHEGORDON