Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rino
Apr 2, 2009
  • Nyxis
  • Rihley
  • Diezl
  • Aiethanha

I feel bad these kids have to grow up with terrible names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rino
Apr 2, 2009
A girl I was friends with in high school posted a picture of her newborn nephew on Facebook. His name is Dyson. She became very upset when people were asking why he's named after a vacuum cleaner.

Rino
Apr 2, 2009
A friend is naming her new baby boy Drecklyn. Ughhh

Rino
Apr 2, 2009

bringmyfishback posted:

Dreckitude!

This is the worst so far, I think. It actually sounds like an insult.
dreck [drek]
noun Slang.
1.excrement; dung.
2.worthless trash; junk.

When this was pointed out to her, she said, "That's why his name is Drecklyn." :downs:

Rino
Apr 2, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Considering that people have some serious issues with names that have multiple traditional spellings, it's totally stupid. My name is Lindsay--the less common spelling, but just as legitimate as Lindsey. I have a coworker who insists on spelling it Lyndsay, despite having known me for several years, seeing me wear a nametag, and being my friend on facebook.

Lindsay is kind of a weird name, actually, with that silent D in the middle, and the A doesn't seem to do much either. People who speak Spanish as their first language find it particularly hard to figure out the pronunciation from my name tag.
I've seen so many variations of Lindsay/Lindsey it's amazing. Lynzee, Lynsy, Lyndse, Lindzi. I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

e: Just noticed my acquaintance had her child recently. Good to see that Drecklyn Xander still made it onto the birth certificate despite the fact people told her the name was literally poo poo.

Rino has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Apr 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rino
Apr 2, 2009
Celebrity baby names are generally lovely and/or weird. Kanye West and Kim Kardashian apparently named their baby North. North West.

:thumbsup: