Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Elim Garak posted:

Hope, Faith, Charity, Mercy, etc. are all actually pretty old names. I know one set of sisters in their 70's named Hope and Faith and another in their late 20's named Mercy and Grace. The ones in their 20's are actually descendants of Mercy Otis Warren.

This reminds me of a bit from one of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, where a family names all thier daughters stuff like that, and all thier sons after sins. Here, this explains it: http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Bestiality_Carter

Also most of the non-urban-legend names in this thread are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cymbal Monkey posted:

I got this year's list of amazing names from a local preschool teacher! They are as follows:
• Theron
• Zalo
• Kaydn
• Nazim
• Zavanya
• Kadrea and her mother Qadriyya.
• Kidd

Keep in mind, I live in a small town in the US that is excruciatingly white. These aren't immigrant names, these are "my child is special" names. I have confirmed that every one of these kids was white and had American parents.

Oh, more names from previous years:

Tuesday Noscel (pronounced Nozzle) and her friends Tony Crap and Brona Maloney.

Pretty sure Theron is an actual name people sometimes have. But holy crap Nazim. Best name on that list. He is almost certainly named after someone's D&D character or something.