Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Incoherent Moron posted:

After my mom left her old job, the guy that got brought in as her replacement was a man named Draven Darke.

It's good to see a former 90's superhero reintegrating into society. :unsmith:

So I'm not sure how much I'm bungling this concept, but from the time I spent in China it seems like young, educated, English-speaking people there get to choose their own "English name". Which makes sense given there's a lot of failed awkward attempts by native English speakers to pronounce their actual names.

Most people I ran into chose fairly normal names, maybe skewing a bit old-fashioned on the guys' end. But one guy in his 20's who worked at the same lab as I did was named Paladin. He said he was playing Diablo II and he decided it was a badass word and ought to be his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU