Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I had a civics teacher named Pachunka Kung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I used to work with a lady who named her son Diesel. Because his dad drove rigs around.

I vaguely remember some basketball player, pro, who named all of his six kids after himself, even the daughter, just added an A. Anyone remember who that was?

I think that was George Foreman. Quoting wikipedia:

"Foreman has 11 children, and each of his five sons is named George: George Jr., George III, George IV, George V and George VI. His four younger sons are distinguished from one another by the nicknames "Monk," "Big Wheel," "Red" and "Little Joey." Also of issue in his marriage are two daughters named Natalia and Leola. He also has three daughters from a separate relationship: Michi, Freeda and Georgetta. He also adopted a daughter, Isabella Brandie Lilja (Foreman), in 2009."

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Goosed it. posted:

I also know children with the following names Finbar, Napoleon, and Hannibal.

This reminded me of two guys I knew in high school, they always hung out together, named Vlad and Attila. As in Vlad the Impaler and Attila the Hun. I never brought it up to them but always thought it was a great name coincidence. They were also both beefy and vaguely menacing guys, or as menacing as high school kids can be.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Dekenai posted:

My mum's dentist is Dr. Meaney...

My Jr. High principle was Ms. Paine.

I also used to know twins named Zara and Tiggy. Zara is a little uncommon but I like it. However the first time I heard her mention her sister Tiggy I thought she was talking about her pet dog. It wasn't a nickname either, Tiggy was what everyone called her.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

This one stood out to me too. Cashley sounds baller as gently caress.

For my contribution theres a guy in a couple of my classes named Charlemagne. He doesn't go by Charles for short and gets upset if you mispronounce it.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Who the hell has completed fourth grade and manages to mispronounce Charlemagne? I could maybe understand misspelling it, but that's just depressing.

It was actually a teacher, she's ESL And pronounced it with a hard ch while butchering the rest into something like charle-mac. Probably didn't know it was French.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Met a man named Max Punches yesterday. What an awesome name.

Max Punches! Hes the man whose name you'd love to touch but you mustn't touch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GvVbIhKh-M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

StandardToast posted:

Cinnamon update: her sister's name was ginger.

This could be a non terrible tribute. I kinda like it.

cinnamon girl