Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Powercrazy posted:

I have a friend from high school whose name is Richard Biggs. Yep, his real name.

Marcade posted:

Huh, I also went to high school with a guy named Richard Biggs.
I went to undergrad with a guy named Richard Biggs. I wonder if two of the three are the same (Powercrazy, my e-mail's in my profile).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I think they might have a clue how to pronounce their own loving name. Come on now.

It's also quite possible they know how to pronounce their name but not "the Hague", too. In any case, a bit of looking into things suggests a traditional Norwegian pronunciation of "Haug" is unlikely to be the same as "the Hague". If they go by a "Hauge" pronunciation even if it happens to be nonstandard, that's their prerogative.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Maybe this was posted early on in the thread, but there's a medical doctor out there with the name "Th36z-z19 Javier".

dirby has a new favorite as of 13:31 on May 24, 2020

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

HopperUK posted:

You can pronounce the first vowel sound as a short A or a long one.

"Long A" usually refers to the diphthong vowel sound in a word like "rain", which is neither "the ash vowel found in the usual American pronunciation of Anna" (sometimes called "short A") nor "the vowel used in the pronunciation of 'Anna' in Frozen, which is close or identical to the vowel in 'hot' in most dialects of English".

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Inceltown posted:

Biohacker Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow

Yes, that is a real persons name
"Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow"
I suppose he goes by "Dr. Meow-Meow"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
There is apparently a law professor named Kermit Roosevelt.