Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

In my highschool orchestra we had a Darwin Chen and an Angus Chen (no relation). I mean, those are actual names, but I can't help but laugh at them. They were both great players, as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think the entire reason "Nimrod" became a synonym for "idiot" is because Bugs Bunny used it to mock Elmer Fudd. Nimrod was described in the bible as a "mighty hunter" but most people just heard it as a dopey sounding name.

content: My Dad knew a guy in the Navy with the last name of Rickets who went by Scurvy.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 23:18 on Nov 28, 2013

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

bringmyfishback posted:

gently caress that, dude, I DARE someone to name their kid Parappa.

Or Um Jammer Lammy.

I think the best one on there is Bloodrayne. I'd like you to meet my kids, Bloodrayne and Dethknell.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Saw this in the D&D image thread.

http://www.circlevilletoday.com/news/hitlers-were-county-pioneers/article_2a6487b2-a34a-55f4-83f4-dfcf116d15d5.html

Dr. Gay Hitler.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My girlfriend's mom met knows some twin brothers from her church named Dwayne and Dee-Wayne.

The Moon Monster has a new favorite as of 12:07 on Dec 29, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lady Disdain posted:

Yeah, it's odd. My answer always seems to come down to stubbornness.
I went to school with a guy called William, who went by Bill. Not rude; no negative connotations. I understand using Bill at home if that's what your family has always called you, but I always wondered what kind of kid hits puberty and doesn't decide to swap Bill out for Will or William, at least at school.

I can't tell if this post is serious or not but I feel like "Bill" is about as anodyne as names get, why not go by that?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Samovar posted:

Uh... What is wrong with these names?

Actually, now that I write it down, why is it 'What is wrong' and not 'What are wrong'?

It's a list of names that would go well with the surname Jackalone.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Astrofig posted:

Re: place names, there's an Enough, Missouri and Truth Or Consequences--Colorado, I think?? Or Montana??

That's New Mexico, it's near Elephant Butte reservoir.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

aggressively matronly

good username material

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ralph Hurley posted:

I saw a sign for a guy running for a county office named Yxstian Gutierrez.

I have no idea if Yxstian is a form of Christian or how to pronounce it but that’s definitely a new one for me.

I read it as "Exist-ian". Good name for someone who exists.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

hosed up that even vampire pigs need to have their names approved

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think people forget Colton Burpo is a real person because of this meme image that was popular a while back.

They remember that he's a meme with a funny fake name, but forget that Colton Burpo is actually his real name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

eating only apples posted:

An acquaintance recently had a daughter and told me her name was Eritrea. Unusual! I quite like it though.

Until I learned it was spelled Erritreiyer.

This would be pretty cool if she was the evil conjoined twin of a girl named Eeethyoapeia or something.