Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Maybe it's not realistic but those sound triggers desperately need pitch and volume randomization, some intense machinegun effect in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bert of the Forest posted:

Working on the store page description and such. At a glance, what kind of game do you think this is by looking at this? What expectations do you have of the game going off what's seen here?

Night in the Woods with a different camera perspective

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Imaginary Friend posted:

So I got myself some way too expensive VST's so that I could make me some epic music. If anybody wants a pompous title song, I'll be available in a few years when I've learned what the hell all the instrumental abbrevations mean and, uh how to actually orchestrate?

Here's my first dip into this rabbit hole. Please tell me if it sounds epic enough.
https://soundcloud.com/fourtalkingwalls/the-flute-prince

That is real good and Nucleus is a great first choice. Only nitpick I'd have is that you seem to have changed a legato line to tremolo without fixing the note overlap :v:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

that looks cute af. survival mechanics can gently caress right off but a 3D harvest moon could really sell the feeling of building your farm out and growing poo poo when the changes are more granular than just swapping out sprites

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

+1 on Resolve, it has the reputation of a grading tool but is now a fully featured NLE

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You could include a note next to the low contrast mode toggle that it's recommended streamers enable it too. People that need these things usually dart to the settings menu at the first opportunity anyway so I'm not sure a prompt is needed.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Nebalebadingdong posted:

How do people pick what instruments/synths to use? I feel like I spend hours just trying out stuff and have no idea how to determine what works well together

No shame in copying arrangement styles from other OSTs you like.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

That's what I think of, for a visual novel. Make it a form of conversation. Like you're playing therapist. So like Phoenix Wright, Ace Therapist!

The fifth installment introduced therapy as a mechanic :v: It's still the same discrepancy hunt but maybe the visual dressing's worth copying

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Oh poo poo, it's Nick Beard!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bad AI swarms you like zombies, good AI swarms you like zombies and shouts "covering the flank!" at random intervals

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Hideo Kojima's Phantom Hourglass

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They've just announced a slew of updates for UIToolkit at Unite 2022. The editor flavor, of course, runtime stays behind :negative:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

and now you have the realization that at this point it's not goons that are like this; it's everyone but goons

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

deep dish peat moss posted:

Looking now, I'm not sure if they have a German accent/voice set available :( If so, it's not available in the free version.
It's all English, if you train a German set, you'll get heavily accented (not guaranteed to be a German accent, either) English. Right now the neural option for multiple language TTS is Azure.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

anatomi posted:

At that point you'll probably have to do some reading and manual sorting based on narrative details that can't be entered into the encyclopedia.
The final step is baiting, photographing and (possibly) banishing the creature.

Does this sound like it could have legs? Also, if something exactly like this already exists I'd love to know about it.
Sounds a bit like The Consuming Shadow, except that one has you matching characteristics of fictional elder gods.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Chaos option: DaVinci Resolve, staying in the Fairlight view (the integrated audio editor) and exporting just the audio track. The free version of Resolve has limits on exporting video, but no limit on hi-res audio so it's a solid multitrack editor with good built-in effects and VST/AU support, arguably easier to start with than Reaper. Reaper is unambiguously better for situations like "gah I need to remove the low end from all these punches" where, if you set up your project right, the region matrix lets you do one change to an effects track and batch update all the different categorized folders in place. But if sfx isn't all you do you probably don't want to get that involved :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Let's loving go