Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023
Does anyone know of a good program for editing sound effects using multiple tracks? Like something that lets you have multiple different wav files, etc, to layer on top of each other, and would keeps track of changes made to each file/track?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faxanadus
Oct 16, 2023

minidracula posted:

REAPER will do that, for sure, but might be intimidating and diving in at the deep end. Audacity will also let you do that and... I'm not sure if that's any less intimidating, but in a different way. It certainly is less of a packed swiss army knife for that task than REAPER, but that's not saying much given how jam packed REAPER is.

Basically any multi-track audio file editor. Audacity is free and open source, so you could start there and if you bounce off it for any reason, I (and others) can help triangulate you from there.

What OS/platform(s) are you on?

Thanks! Using Windows (10) , I've been using this program called Goldwave forever, it's pretty basic and it looks like it does actually have support for multiple tracks, but it's very clunky. I've used Audacity before and it seemed even more clunky so maybe I'll give Reaper a try.