Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Prediction: at least one of them will forget that the sombreros can take voice commands from either of them (or possibly from anyone), and that, like the idiot he is, Ulf gave Sombrero 1 the name Sombrero and one of them will forget to call Sombrero 2 by its number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

This comic has extremely powerful tshirts

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

This comic has extremely powerful tshirts

So far I haven't seen a shirt I wouldn't buy, to be honest.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've just realized something ironic - Ulf thought that the existence of a secret mastermind was the only possible explanation for the nuking of Earth being likely. Now, in his attempt to stop it, he's become one.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Especially if one of those mind viruses makes him start the next Twelve Revelations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Not buying the current plotline. An ulf multi-mind smart enough to create a mind virus must also realize how loving stupid religion is.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

Not buying the current plotline. An ulf multi-mind smart enough to create a mind virus must also realize how loving stupid religion is.

They will all be infected by all the viruses, which will cause them all to realize that they (ulf) are the true gods.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sizone posted:

Ulf isn't smart. His hivemind is powerful, but not clever.

There's plenty of examples of that. The whole "replacing leaders with robots" thing for example: once he had the idea, he had the brainpower to implement it, but not the wit to foresee how it could backfire horribly. Another example if that he's able to build a holodisguise sombrero that changes how the wearer's head looks, but forgot about the arms and legs.

So the Ulf are perfectly able to solve the problem "how to make religion contagious" without ever asking themselves "is that really a good idea".

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
New comic

Well gently caress, how's Ulf going to get out of this one? :ohdear:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

New comic

Well gently caress, how's Ulf going to get out of this one? :ohdear:

Another Ulf will save him with an antivirus at the last minute.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
It's so incredibly swedish to have christianity as the ultimate evil

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I guess Ulf took the Helios ending in Deus Ex.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

It's so incredibly swedish to have christianity as the ultimate evil

Also very Japanese, at least judging by anime and rpgs.

But I thought Thorsby was Norwegian?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

Also very Japanese, at least judging by anime and rpgs.

But I thought Thorsby was Norwegian?

The three main countries of Scandinavia are, according to Gallup, among the five most nonreligious countries in the world.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Glad to see that Ulf stuck with one of the good branches of Christianity.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
That was really the best brick joke.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I'm beginning to wonder if this is the reason Ulf's doctor whose name I forget tried to kill him -- perhaps he wasn't the first patient she's tried the procedure on, just the first one who successfully escaped. So her control back in the lab will have fed back to her all the awful poo poo that goes down when a brainchipped patient gets loose (presumably from one of his alternative selves who did get loose and go on a posthuman robo-Christianity spree) and she'll maybe have some idea what to do about it.

She's certainly an unresolved plot thread and it's interesting that with all his surveillance power Ulf hasn't had any luck tracking her down.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

One of the robots is going to kill Aisha for not being a Christian and her martyrdom will make Ulf realized he hosed up bad.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

This is going to end with Aisha saving the world somehow.

Whybird posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if this is the reason Ulf's doctor whose name I forget tried to kill him -- perhaps he wasn't the first patient she's tried the procedure on, just the first one who successfully escaped. So her control back in the lab will have fed back to her all the awful poo poo that goes down when a brainchipped patient gets loose (presumably from one of his alternative selves who did get loose and go on a posthuman robo-Christianity spree) and she'll maybe have some idea what to do about it.

She's certainly an unresolved plot thread and it's interesting that with all his surveillance power Ulf hasn't had any luck tracking her down.

Ulf didn't exactly escape though, he just said "I don't want to be here anymore" until she agreed to let him go.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think this will end up with Ulf and Aisha on the run from his own robots. Maybe the chip shorts out or something and frees him from the virus, and since he programmed the robots to kill him if he stops being Christian then he has to try and bring down his own crazy regime.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Carrasco posted:

This is going to end with Aisha saving the world somehow.

Ulf didn't exactly escape though, he just said "I don't want to be here anymore" until she agreed to let him go.

Which makes it all the more interesting than she murdered at least one alternatulf with a shotgun. What did she learn in the meantime?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

And so we enter... endgame.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 13, 2015

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Nice paintings.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Idiocy in the face of interdimensional idea cancer.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I don't see you coming up with any great ideas Vera.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why didn't she just say something truthful but misleading about the "operation"? I mean, there really is an operation that really will save the world, etc. They're only lie detectors, not mind readers.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Plus, she WOULD die if she didn't have the operation. It's not like she'd become immortal!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

Plus, she WOULD die if she didn't have the operation. It's not like she'd become immortal!

She would die in one of the universes, and be alive in the other.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Here's hoping for a last minute Wiccan-Ulves comeback in the great transdimensional wars.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why didn't she just say something truthful but misleading about the "operation"? I mean, there really is an operation that really will save the world, etc. They're only lie detectors, not mind readers.

Well there you go.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
She finally figured it out! Or she figured it out earlier and it just wasn't relevant until the Buddhist robots showed up.

...I really just wanted to type that second sentence.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to call it now, the angels did manage to kill Ulf and them and the Buddhas are now operating on their own.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Now how many clicks until they run into an Aisha that converted when the first Christian Ulf did, and she starts hijacking things?

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mister Olympus posted:

Now how many clicks until they run into an Aisha that converted when the first Christian Ulf did, and she starts hijacking things?

That's not how it works, the universe she connects to only splits off from when she hits the button, just like the universe that Ulf connects to only splits off from that 1 week interval time. None of the Ulfs came form before the chip was implanted, and none of the Aishas will have any previous experience different from the Aisha we've been following all the story, only their futures will be different.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I wonder if the new brain-chip will have the same double-every-week timer, or, now that they know about multi-brain thinking, she'll set it to, like, double-every-second or something. Or maybe the double-every-week limit was a practical limitation.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 20, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BiggerJ posted:

I wonder if the new brain-chip will have the same double-every-week timer, or, now that they know about multi-brain thinking, she'll set it to, like, double-every-second or something. Or maybe the double-every-week limit was a practical limitation.

Well you have your answer now: http://brainchip.thecomicseries.com/comics/154

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I was confused at first when there were three Aishas, but pressing the button only splits the presser's universe in two (or, more accurately, it only buts two of that presser and that presser alone's possible universes in contact with each other). This seems at first like it'd reduce the rate of growth to one-at-a-time, but if, for example, Aisha B committs to pushing her button twice, she'll split into BA and BB, who will then perform the second press and each split in two, resulting in four Aishas. This leaves one other limited - the chip's unknown limitations.

Edit: was using ComicRocket, didn't know about next page. Over ten million Aishas is worth between 23 and 24 Ulf-style doublings. She's playing it relatively safe. But once she masters brains and the chip, there will be nothing to stop her from becoming God.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 23, 2015

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Unless merging their minds gives them extra fine motor skills somehow, this seems like a really bad idea.

I guess some of them at least had the chance to practice with real brains.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Guessing not because all of them have been stuck in the hospital room requiring surgery on vera to convince the angels to let them escape.

e: unless the angels brought them some brains to practice on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Well, that wasn't how I expected Vera to die. I can't even tell whether it was a reaction to what they said ("How dare you not have faith that God will protect us? Clearly you're not a true believer."), or the idea is something like "Kill them while they're still Christian so they go to heaven."

• Locked thread