Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cat Mattress posted:

Here's the real Plume.

Great! Now how are they going to off him? Complete accident or self-defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

scarycave posted:

Great! Now how are they going to off him? Complete accident or self-defense?

Haarp and the spies of Petrevolt think that there's a phony Plume running around. His life will be taken... by farce. :downsrim:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerJ posted:

Haarp and the spies of Petrevolt think that there's a phony Plume running around. His life will be taken... by farce. :downsrim:

This, but somehow it's going to involve real Plume, real fake Plume, and fake fake Plume in a comedy of errors/Mexican standoff.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Twitch posted:

This, but somehow it's going to involve real Plume, real fake Plume, and fake fake Plume in a comedy of errors/Mexican standoff.

After three panels of them pointing guns at each other, with one gun having blanks, and discussing how they're going to find out which gun is harmless.
Fake fake Plume is actually Jymre .

scarycave fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 5, 2012

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

People sure like torture in this universe.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

ZearothK posted:

Well, it is a story about spies.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
He was probably trained in tickle torture! :gonk:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ZearothK posted:

And in the comic too.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Started reading up on Hit-men again after a long hiatus, It started at the panel before Passion,Lies,and Fungus so yeah, Passion,Lies,and Fungus.
Couldn't stop reading, did the whole thing in one sitting, and it was amazing.
He's really got a good grip on these "things spiraling out of control" jokes.

Must have been a pain though for people who read his stuff weekly...

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I can't imagine having to wait for daily updates during Passion, Lies, and Fungus. That sounds like the path to madness.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I sure the hell was glad Hitmen for Destiny was finished by the time I found it. Now I just have to nail-bite myself over Accidental Space Spy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Looks like we're going to get some proper exposition about how this all works next week. I'm pretty sure this will show our heroes how to pretend they really are wizards, too.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
There's a slight chance they're going to make it off the planet before Plume comes back.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Theory: All explanation strips feature the writings of Flahrgmahrg Kjarg, renowned xenoanthropologist.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Just read through the invisible castle bit and I'm a bit worried about Annete...it might be because I haven't read it in so long but she seems a wee teeny weensy little itty bit blood thirsty. The end bit looks like it was Robo-Cop's day to do paper work at the office.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 8, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Holy poo poo, a multi-page explanation with page references!

The explanation pages form basically the best textbook ever.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
This thread is finally golden.
Also, I'm starting to feel bad for these guys. There whole evolution is based on making lies real. They even have to kill themselves if somebody wearing a silly hat says they are going die to protect their families.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I would like to pose the theory that the true reason that Twolesy development has occurred in this manner is to aid in the advancement of their silly hats and their value in the social hierarchy. Magic is merely a byproduct of this process.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ZearothK posted:

I would like to pose the theory that the true reason that Twolesy development has occurred in this manner is to aid in the advancement of their silly hats and their value in the social hierarchy. Magic is merely a byproduct of this process.

I'd imagine that if you come from a planet that has a reverse gravity zone, when someone tells you they are a wizard capable of summoning demons and killing with stomach cramps, the closest thing to disbelief it would be possible to muster would be a "Sure, why not, stranger things have happened."

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Human beings actually do kind of the same thing, as Walter Cannon documents in this classic article (link to PDF).

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gilgameshback posted:

Human beings actually do kind of the same thing, as Walter Cannon documents in this classic article (link to PDF).

Which is why Not-Plume (Ben?) was feeling a stomach ache after the wizard cast the spell on him.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Gilgameshback posted:

403 Forbidden :shobon:

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Try this one:
http://sinapsis.usach.cl/moodle/file.php/1/Papers/Original_Voodoo_Death.pdf

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

But where do the actual kaladihr come from? :psyduck:

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

But where do the actual kaladihr come from? :psyduck:

Common ancestor.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The art in this strip is really adorable sometimes.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I laughed really hard at that. It would have been better with a society conditioned to instinctively ignore OFFENSIVE things, so you could walk around tattooed with obscenities and basically be invisible.

But then again, that would basically be the fact if you did so in, say, Tokyo, so...

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 14, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Well That About Wraps It Up For God (TM)

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 16, 2012

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think this is the first time I've seen Thorsby miss an update. Maybe this is what the Mayan Calendar was talking about?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

ZearothK posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen Thorsby miss an update. Maybe this is what the Mayan Calendar was talking about?

It begins with the slow and steady decline in Chris Onstadt's output for Achewood. It shall conclude with øyvind Thorsby missing a day or two on Accidental Space Spy. Then all will be lost and fire shall rain from the sky. Man's last words shall be "Ever Heard of a Limbchooser?"

-Yorgintzalyoooo LaLameeewooond
(Ancient Mayan Priest and Profit)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

And it's started updating again. You should have seen this coming, Sizone - destiny's kind of dead now.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 28, 2012

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yay! I bet this fight will be using the inverse gravity zone to its full potential now.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
After shotgunning through Lies & Wives and all of TASS in one evening, I have never been more suddenly overwrought with grief.
Now I have to wait for updates :saddowns:

VVV Of course, I got that from the TGT thread. It killed, Pity Boy!

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 30, 2012

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Read Hitmen for Destiny, if you haven't, of course

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

BiggerJ posted:

And it's started updating again. You should have seen this coming, Sizone - destiny's kind of dead now.

Are you suggesting there is a Thorsbyverse? That not-Plume is, perhaps the love child product of the illicit affair in Lies, Sisters and Wives?

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Sizone posted:

Are you suggesting there is a Thorsbyverse? That not-Plume is, perhaps the love child product of the illicit affair in Lies, Sisters and Wives?

Accidental Space Spy is completely compatible with the Hitmen for Destiny setting, in my opinion

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Sizone posted:

I was talking about the prophecy you posted, which applies to our universe. If anything, I was implying that we're in the Hitmen for Destiny universe.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That ropes getting cut one way or another and the wizard of the Labyrinth is going to be super pissed, possibly setting off a chain of events where the wizard will start magicking everyone and start a big magic fight that causes the entire race to get messed up completely, Real-Plume is then totally going to get blamed for it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

One furious uncle, coming up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"I will revive your nephew! Resurrectix!" Now they'll hallucinate that the nephew is still alive, like an imaginary friend. Problem solved, in a :smith: way.

• Locked thread