Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
Magic is real! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I love these little evolutionary treatises. This seems kinda relevant: http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2853

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I don't remember this Petrevolt/AHC stuff at all. o_O Would someone mind a quick sum-up, or a link to the arc that explains it?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I'm calling it now, the president already has a(?) mistress, his bluster about monogamy is just for show.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Haha, this premise is great, and it's already paying off.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

The scientist lady is obviously using them for stock market hijinx (not sure how exactly), but she should have put a little more thought into the implications of exponentially increasing shared consciousness.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

:siren: new page!

The secret is out.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

:siren: http://brainchip.thecomicseries.com/comics/29 :siren:

:tviv:

edit - holy poo poo, look at the carpet of the surviving Ulf!

double edit - nevermind, looks like it was already torn & stained.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 5, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

There's no way Vera would implant a valuable brain chip without including a tracking device, is there? :ohdear:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Thorsby is handling the exponentially increasing scope of the comic pretty well so far. I think they're gonna need a new internal naming scheme pretty soon though...

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I love the pacing of this comic so far. New Comic is pretty melancholy. The knowledge that their chips might all stop working soon (I doubt it) seems like another sort of mortality.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Only in a Thorsby comic could we end up with a narcoleptic tester here.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

There goes another Earth :(

Though I guess there are so many of those things (universes) that the only reason to save one Earth is if you're the one on it.

I mean, the entire branch of universes that Ulf started on is under threat, but there are an infinity upon infinity of other universes where every other wonderful or terrible thing that could happen has happened. It's a weirdly comforting idea.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 14, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I would rethink a lot of my basic assumptions about the world if someone was able to accurately say something extremely specific, private and 'unguessable' about myself. Though it'd be a lot easier to convince me that you were a mind-reader rather than an elf :sun:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

New comic. My prediction: The reading Ulfs will discover the concept of the anthropic principle, and realize that there are no aliens. The modern world has always been on the brink of nuclear annihilation from multiple sources and the only reason these Ulfs are still around is because it hasn't happened in their universes yet.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

New comic

Mr. Wednesday posted:

New comic. My prediction: The reading Ulfs will discover the concept of the anthropic principle, and realize that there are no aliens. The modern world has always been on the brink of nuclear annihilation from multiple sources and the only reason these Ulfs are still around is because it hasn't happened in their universes yet.

I totally called it :agesilaus:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

I just checked it out of curiosity, by week 21 there should be 2,097,152 Ulfs total, but there's only 713,866. That's 2 dead Ulfs for every living one.

Well the dead Ulf count is exponential too: For every Ulf that died x weeks ago, there are 2^x less Ulfs this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

New comic reminds me what I like the most about thorsby comics, and what I think is sort of at his core. He doesn't cut any corners when it comes to considering all the ramifications of his premise. The way Ulf has been adjusting to his new 'sense' feels really realistic, and seems faintly analogous to people adjusting to the existence of smartphones and search engines and such.

• Locked thread